🩹💖Support System- Taeyong

Request by: dotorii23

FULL DISCLAIMER: i literally have no knowledge of medical procedures of any kind so this is probably extremely wrong and inaccurate but hey, i tried lol.

if i'm wrong just pretend it makes sense for my sake please :)

It had been a stressful few weeks at the nct dorms. Several of the dreamies had caught the flu, yang yang got banned from bubble and taeyong had injured himself during practice.

He was practicing without stretching beforehand and he ended up injuring his back pretty significantly. He had suffered in silence for several days until johnny had noticed him having trouble walking. When he questioned him he tried to lie but johnny quickly grabbed his shirt and lifted it seeing a nasty bruise on his leaders back.

After a lot of arguing taeyong eventually lost the fight and was taken to the doctor.

He had ended up shifting a disc in his spine and was going to need extensive physical therapy and injection treatments until he healed.

The first round of injections was utter torture, and the physical therapy was even worse. Taeyong was in immense pain every single day.

It was Wednesday which meant it was a treatment day. He stayed in bed as long as possible until he was forced out of bed.

"come on yong, you need to go to the hospital to get your treatment." Johnny said as he gently brought taeyong to the couch.

"hyung, do I really have to? i...I think I've gotten better, there's no need for more injections."

Johnny looked at doyoung and jaehyun who were sitting on either side of taeyong.

"hyung, you know you need to do your treatment; your injury will only get worse if you neglect it." Jaehyun said.

Taeyong knew they were right, but he hated the hospital, he hated the way I felt when he layed on the uncomfortable bed and had nurses stab him with syringes for an hour, he hated having a bunch of strangers come and touch him, moving him around during physical therapy, he hated all of it so much. He got so uncomfortable every time he entered the building, and he doesn't want to go through it again.

"please hyung, can I just not go this week?" taeyong begged.

"no taeyong. You know you need to go."

Taeyong fiddled with his hands nervously. He really really didn't wanna go. Johnny had left the room and taeyong sat there quietly with the two boys on either side of him.

He suddenly began to cry feeling scared of his treatments.

Doyoung and jaehyun where utterly shocked by his reaction.

"hey, hey, hyung don't cry, it'll be okay." Jaehyun coed softly rubbing taeyong's back gently.

"i...I really don't like the treatments Jae...i...I hate being there...I hate physical therapy...." He cried confessing his feelings to jaehyun.

Jaehyun felt bad for he leader, he knew it must suck to have to go through it every weeks, but he wanted his leader to get better as soon as possible.

"shhhh, shhhh, yongie please don't cry, I promise it'll be alright." Jae looked at doyoung for help not knowing how to make the leader feel better.

Doyoung knelt down in front of taeyong and wiped his cheeks.

"hey, yongie look at me."

He did.

"would you feel better if Jae and I came with you?"

Taeyong thought for a second.

"are you sure doyoung? Aren't you busy?" he sniffled.

"we're never too busy for you Yong, come on, me and Jae will be with you the whole time okay?" doyoung held out his hand for taeyong.

They led taeyong outside to the team car and drove to the hospital.

Once they got in they were taken to the treatment room where taeyong was told to lay on his stomach on the bed. A nurse came in a bit later with a large syringe.

"hi taeyong, how are you doing this week?"

"i...I'm alright..."

"that's good to hear. We have a bit of a higher dosage today so it will take a little longer today okay?"

Taeyong sighed nervously and nodded.

"okay, stay still for me, this may hurt a little at first okay?"

Taeyong's eyes widened in fear, but Jae was quick to grab his hand.

"squeeze my hand yongie, me and doyoung are right here with you okay?"

Taeyong gripped Jae's hand and held it securely nodding and squeezing his eyes shut.

The nurse injected the medicine into taeyong's back and he winced at the pinching feeling. He squeezed jaehyun's hand and whined out in pain.

"you're doing great taeyong, just a little longer okay?" doyoung cooed softly as the woman finished the injection and placed a bandage over his back.

"great job taeyong, you know the drill, wait ten minutes to make sure you have no side effects and then go see Mrs. lee out front for your paperwork."

"okay...thank you nurse Kim." He said softly.

She smiled before waving goodbye and leaving them in the room.

"you did great Yong." Doyoung praised.

"does it still hurt?" Jae asked.

"I little...but I'm okay...thank you for coming with me guys."

"aw Yong of course, we are happy to be here anytime you need us."

He smiled softly as he relaxed with their presence.

After that, the boys went with taeyong to all his appointments helping him as they upped his dosage and increased his physical therapy.

After a few months, taeyong was finally done with his treatments and therapy and was allowed to dance again.