🖤Abuse - Jeno

Request by: Celestisabelle5

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL ASSAULT

The members of nct dream were working hard to finish their latest album. For this comeback, several of the members had solo projects to fill the album track list.

They were only a few days away from finishing the album and releasing the music video and the only thing that needed done was jeno's solo and mark and haechan's dance video.

They woke up early to get to the studio, the rest of the dreamies staying home and relaxing. Mark, haechan and jeno made their way to the studio, jeno saying goodbye and entering the recording studio as mark and haechan went to their practice room.

Jeno put his bag down and took off his jacket as he entered the studio expecting to see him usual vocal coach and producer.

"ah, you must be jeno." A man came out from the corner of the room with a big smile on his face.

Jeno bowed but was a little confused, this man wasn't someone he recognized.

"ah yes, um, I'm sorry but where is Mr. Kim?"

"oh yes I figured they would have messaged you already, but I guess they forgot. Mr. Kim had a family emergency yesterday and needed to get back to Busan, so I am his substitute. My name is Chae Jinyoung."

Jeno sighed in understanding and smiled at the man.

"oh okay, well it's nice to meet you."

"you as well jeno, now how about we run through what you've worked on Tuesday just so I can see where you're at."

"sounds good sir."

"oh please call me hyung jeno, I'm not that old." The man chuckled.

Jeno laughed nervously and bowed.

"okay hyung." He smiled before he stepped into the booth and placed the headphones over his ears tapping his mic to check if it was on.

"okay so just sing from the top till verse two okay?" the man said into the mic.

Jeno nodded and leaned towards the mic, prepared to sing.

The music flowed through his headphones as he sang his solo song, it was slower in tempo showcasing jeno's ability to hold certain pitches and really highlight his vocal ability.

Once he ran through till the second verse, the music stopped and waited for the man's feedback.

The man sighed through the mic making jeno bite his lip in worry.

"aish jeno, I don't mean to upset you or anything, but I don't think that run through was very good." Jeno's face fell slightly.

"aish, really? I'm sorry, I must have not warmed up enough..."

The man gave him a sympathetic smile and clicked the intercom again.

"don't be discouraged jeno-ah, here, why don't I show you some techniques to improve?"

Jeno gave a small smile and nodded.

The man got up off his chair and entered the small recording booth with jeno. It was quite a tight squeeze but jeno felt comfortable around him, so he didn't mind.

"alright so when I was in school and studying music I also struggled with singing, you have a very nice voice, but I think your singing technique is a little off."