That was until a grumbling sound was heard. The quartet stopped walking and looked back towards the source of the noise: Penelope. Well, even though she had already eaten a lot of snacks on the train, the quartet had walked for more than a few hours, and her energy from the snacks was all gone.

The black-haired young lady frowned and grumbled, "What are you looking at? I'm hungry."

She still had some snacks in her bag, it was just she did not have the heart to share them. She would rather eat them by herself than share some of her favorite snacks with people who forced her to join this shitty trip.

Thus, she could only grumble, well, and bitching.

"And snappy," Percy added before the three chuckled.

Penelope glared at her twin brother, "Oh, fuck off, bitch."

"Sorry, sorry," The twin brother chuckled before he turned around and started walking.

The silence resumed. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of their shoes making contact with the pavement. It seemed that hunger could mess with one's mind since Penelope began to grumble softly under her breath. Where were they anyway? She had not seen a single sign for the last twenty minutes.

Annabeth must sense her confusion and discomfort since she asked, "Perce?"

The boy turned his head around but did not stop walking towards who knows where. Penelope did not know. She only ever read the description of Medusa's café, she never read the way to her café. Thus, she could only follow since she knew Percy would eventually find that place. Hearing someone called his name, Percy hummed, indicating that someone could shoot their question.

"Where are we?" The girl asked.

Percy stopped walking then. Penelope who watched from behind really wanted to chuckle at this sudden entertainment. If only she also could snack on popcorns.

"Uh..." Percy hesitated about what he was about to say. However before the leader boy could even utter some noncoherent words, Penelope beat him to it.

"He didn't know the way." Penelope smirked as Percy's eyes widened, but she continued, "But it's fine. With Percy's luck, we will probably find some haunted café we could just rest at, no?"

Shading is fun.

If only there were some people who knew what she was talking about, they would probably laugh with her.

"Though if it's possible, please walk faster so we can reach somewhere faster, okay? My stomach's eating me alive right now." Penelope grinned as she gestured for the others to keep walking.

The quartet walked for another few hours, it was the worst time of Penelope's time ever since she found out that her grandma was dead and that she was abandoned when she was a child. She wanted to just not give a fuck and eat but again, the others were all hungry and lost. She could not just shove it to their faces that she still had some snacks inside her bag. Though, if she had to walk another thirty minutes, she would definitely not give a fuck and devour everything.

However, one thought struck her.

How come no monsters come to them?

It had been a good 3 hours, probably, ever since they stepped out from the train. But, why could they not encounter even a small hellhound? Like, it was way too suspicious.

Besides, it did feel like they were walking in circles if she thought about it again. As soon as she thought about it, she stopped walking. She decided to trust her instinct and tried her luck. Thus, she slipped away quietly from the group of people who could not even feel her walk away.