21

The Satyr, Grover Underwood, had just finished explaining about practically everything, not that he could maneuver his way out when the Riccis were shoving daggers and guns his way. Penelope pouted as she listened to the memorized script spouted by the half-human. The girl stole a glance towards her twin brother and snorted when he looked way too calm for someone who was about to enter a battlefield.

The Riccis' reactions were priceless with their jaws on the floor and eyes that were about to pop out from their sockets. It was Alessandro who broke down from his trance first as he shook his head.

The man looked at the girl before grinning as he patted her head. "Be good. However, if someone were to mess with you, don't show any mercy."

Penelope smirked, "That's my job, you know, killing annoying people."

"Aren't you supposed to be a researcher with how many experiments you have conducted?" Giovanni asked, smirking.

"That's my part-time job." Penelope stuck out her tongue as the others laughed.

"I still can't believe that you are a demigod, damn." Anastasius stood beside her before pinching her cheek.

Penelope once again stole a glance towards her twin brother, who was talking with the Satyr, almost like they were best friends in their past lives. She sighed, "I'm an Elsa."

Time seemed to fly past as the two families joked that they did not notice how the Satyr was too anxious as he could not stop stomping his foot. The half-human was reluctant to interrupt the big happy family as he hovered around behind them. However, they had to get going or be too late, as the forest would be more dangerous at night.

Penelope seemed to understand the guy when they locked eyes. She could not help but narrow her eyes. Penelope was hesitant to go. Why would she even want to go to the Camp and be tied down and shoved around by prophecies? The girl had her family with her, they had just finished a war with the Russian, but she had to go now? How unfair.

Lucifer, without a doubt, knew what was troubling the young girl as he approached her. The father embraced his daughter as he brushed away her long and smooth raven hair. Penelope sighed as she leaned towards the warmth feeling her father provided. It was truly comforting for her. She knew that if she ever turned around, they would still be there, waiting for her.

"Then, I'll see you guys later?" Penelope stepped away from her father's embrace and sent out a small smile as she faced the others.

The Riccis bid their farewells and chose to step away to give the von Eden their privacy. Penelope let out a bitter smile as she faced the two people she called her family; Mark and Lucifer. The girl could see past their calm demeanor that they too did not want to send her to the Camp, but they knew it was for her sake.

"Be careful, okay, princess? You don't have to care about others. Your safety is your priority, you hear me?" Mark had always been her supportive brother, and heard him say things like that was heartwarming.

Penelope smiled as she planted a soft kiss on her brother's cheek. "I love you, brother. I'll come home before you know it."

Mark was satisfied with his sister's response as he grinned, nodding away. Then, he turned to Perseus, who Penelope kind of forgot a little bit. The girl wanted to feel bad for him to witness their family moment, but she could not as the boy did not feel bad in the past. Petty, she knew, but she just could not care less.

"You, too, kiddo. Be careful and don't die, you hear me?" The older boy smirked as he patted the younger's head. Percy grinned as he straightened his body and replied with a confident sure and an I'll see you later. Nodding, Mark bid his farewell before he joined the Riccis.