7

Penelope von Eden was cranky beyond measure.

Her morning was the worst, and it was only Monday.

First of all, Pennie was woken up forcefully because her ring was vibrating like crazy. It was a well-known fact that Penelope did not like to be woken up before her alarm rang, however, before the sun even risen, Penelope was already wide awake, glaring at her ring. The assassin let out a loud groan as she sat up on her bed. Her anger was disappearing, however, when Penelope tried to slid off her finger and it slid off.

"Holy shit!" The girl exclaimed. Penelope obviously did not expect the ring to slid off as easy as that. Furthermore, the ring did transform into dual wielding swords. Penelope did hope that it would be daggers, but swords somehow fit her even better. It was thin but she could see that the materials were no joke. The girl tried a few swinging it a few times and it fit her hands perfectly so its kind of cheered her up. Penelope let go of the swords and it transformed back to her ring, she smiled.

However, her slight happy mood got dragged down, once again, when Penelope realized that her favorite tracksuit and pajamas disappeared. The girl hated her school, but now that she did not have her comfortable clothes? She felt like hell. Now, Penelope did get enrolled into a prestigious school which needed her to wear her uniform, but did she care? No. The girl did not like the short skirt or the long coat.

Fortunately for her, the school gave their special students some special treatment, that they could wear anything. The special students were the top ones, in both wealth and intelligent, and Penelope von Eden was one of them. Penelope knew that Lucifer owned several chained corporations from hotel, malls, to restaurants, to cover up his mafia and it made a lot of money, and Penelope was the top 1 student – she did have help from her past life.

Due to the special treatment, obviously, the girl would choose wearing either her Gucci tracksuits or Burberry pajamas. But, now that those were gone, she had to force herself to wear the uniform. Not that her uniform actually looked bad, no, they were just uncomfortable. Penelope loved her comfortable clothes. She just wanted to cry and crawl back to bed at this point.

Next, when Penelope finally got herself together, she decided to come downstairs to eat her favorite breakfast, ice cream. Yes, the girl loved ice cream for breakfast. However, her already bad mood worsened when Penelope opened the fridge and did not find any of her ice cream tubes. She swore that she had stacked them up a few days ago. Penelope wanted to cry as she double – triple check the fridge. 

Cranky and pissed beyond measure, she almost could feel her powers rampaging inside her, wanting to be let free so that maybe she could feel a little better, but Penelope held herself back.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw someone, most likely Mark, sitting on the bar, eating. The boy was already on his own uniform, how diligent. However, what caught her eyes was the thing on his hand. It looked a lot like an ice cream tube that the girl could not help but to whip her head around. Her eyes widen as she stomped her way over her best friend who was holding an ice cream tube.

"Mark," Penelope greeted.

The boy hummed as greeting, continued to scoop is ice creams, but his eyes were still glued to his phone. Penelope did not want to think negatively, she also did not want to accuse her best friend for stealing, so she calmed herself down.

"That ice cream is yours, correct?" Her tone edgy and worried. The boy hummed again, indicating that it was indeed his own ice cream. Penelope sighed in disappointment as she slumped down against the chair in front of the boy. This time, Mark lifted his eyes. He scanned the girl in front of her for a second before tilting his ice cream tube, silently asking her whether she wanted or not.