18

For the past few days, Penelope had actively avoiding both Perseus and Lucifer. Usually, the von Eden family would have breakfast and dinner together in the dining room, chatting and joking around. However, Penelope still could not face her father as the disappointment she felt when her father easily uttered sure, had yet to disappear.

Penelope began to start sneaking out as she felt the need to let off her steam. Sometimes, the girl would go out for two hours. Often, the girl would go out for half a day. No one had noticed the disappearance of the young miss, and if they did notice, they did not say anything.

The people who worked with both Lucifer and Penelope all began to notice how the young miss only ever stepped out of her room when the master announced her missions. Even then, Penelope did not even try to put an effort to greet the man. The girl knew how immature and childish she was, but, she was still a human who had feelings and could feel hurt.

"Killed." Penelope stated as she watched how the head rolled down from the shoulder down to the bloody carpeted floor. The bad mood she always had when she stayed at the building she called her home ever since Perseus started living with her disappeared as soon as she brought out her dagger and sliced the neck of her petrified victims.

Psychopathic as she was, it was one of the few ways of cheering her up. Killing or even massacring human beings was cheering her up. As Penelope was beginning to start feeling restless the longer she had to stay at home, negative thoughts which always clung to her dispersed as soon as she watched how blood drips from the headless figure tied to the chair.

Penelope grinned as she traced her finger around the bloody neck. It was a disgusting sight and the smell of iron was really disturbing, however, Penelope felt at ease as she dragged her finger and drew the symbol of Lilith on one of the walls. Without throwing another glance, the demigoddess walked out from the god forsaken room as Mark had told her that her time was already up.

The drive to their so-called home was exhausting. Penelope first thought that she would catch up on her sleep, but, the thought was thrown out the window as soon as she saw the seriousness on her brother's face. It was unusual to say the least that it triggered and intrigued the girl.

"What's with your face?" The girl asked as she propped her feet up the dashboard.

Her brother did not immediately answer and Penelope could not help but to cock her brow at the usually straightforward older brother. The girl did not put any effort to ask another question, however, as she silently observed the boy.

"Can you listen to me first?" Mark asked as he bit his lower lip. His eyes shone bright with anxiousness as he glanced towards the she-devil beside him.

Penelope tsk-ed. "Sure."

What could her brother want to talk? Why did he even be this serious? Surely, he would not suddenly sprung up to her and told her that he would be leaving tomorrow? Penelope shook her head as Mark took a deep breath. Mark would not be leaving her. No one would leave her. Not again. Penelope would not let them.

"I think you should talk to Percy." The driver stated.

Um, what?

Surprised was an understatement. From all of the possibilities the girl had thought, Penelope had never thought that Mark would talk about Perseus Jackson and how she had to talk to him. Sure, the main problem circling the girl was the appearance of her twin brother, but why did Mark suddenly talk about him?

"...Why should I?" Penelope asked as she gritted her teeth.

Mark took a glance at his sister as he threw a small smile. "I've always thought that you are a mature little girl. You're always kind and warm to other people. Sometimes, it even looks like you are older than me."