Chapter 18: The Calm Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

Mokuba ran over to you "Look, Mokuba. I didn't want to destroy the place. Your step-father gave me no choice with the way it was rigged of his system to take him down. If I let him stay in that virtual world, he was going to continue his plot to take over the entire city of Domino which he was almost finished completing there. He rigged his existence in that virtual world to blow up the entire place if I tried to destroy him but Noah told me to do it, saying it was the only way." You explained to Mokuba enough of what happened. Not all of it but just what he should know. Of course you wanted to tell Mokuba the truth. The truth of Noah being in your hard drive but knew you couldn't. There was no way you could explain how you got him into a hard drive without explaining your old job from the future. You always carry a hard drive in case you ever lose your research, especially after that black out one time. It left a scar on your memory and heart of everything being wiped after all that hard work. Made you resort to using old school hard drives to keep information. You could say Noah made it but that world was virtual so it was impossible for him to have done that. There was no way around this besides lying.'I should ask Noah about this later' You made a mental note to ask Noah about his existence still being around. Noah never mentioned to you that he wanted Mokuba or Kaiba to know he was still around because he would have told you to tell them. Also, it was the least you could do for Noah since he didn't mention your secret of being a woman out of her era in time. Hence why it was best to keep your mouth shut for the time being.

He was right on one thing, you didn't want to explode the place. You had no choice but to explode the place. "Well, you had no choice and Noah knew that too (Y/n)." Mokuba smiled at you. 'I am sorry for deceiving your kindness Mokuba.' You wanted to change the subject to stop your mind from wandering into negative thoughts again. "How's your hand Mokuba?" You asked and Mokuba blinked before he finally got what you were saying. He lifted his hand and gave a shrug "I will be okay. I am gonna get medical attention once we are inside. You should too after you get a little cleaned up." Now that he mentioned that, you were a little dirty. You smelled like smoke and were with some powder from the explosions you had to dodge. You were surprised that you were able to even hear considering how close you were to those explosions. You did need a bath. Kaiba finally walked up to you and he glared down at you with his piercing blue stone cold eyes before he casually patted your head "Thanks for saving my brother." Joey had his jaw on the floor when Kaiba did that. It was as if he was witnessing a wild animal out of its habitat. Entirely unnatural or odd as hell.

For a single second he didn't appear as his cold and cocky demeanor. Kaiba looked almost kind when he looked at you. "For that, I am giving you the best room." Kaiba added. Kaiba took his hand off your head and he started to walk away from the group. Mokuba smiled at his older brother who was being generous in his own way. Even though his back was turned to everyone else, he knew his brother was smiling to himself because of Joey's face. Joey was frozen on the spot from what just happened. "I wish I had my camera to capture his face." Duke snickers with Serenity who was trying her best to hold in her laugh. "How come he isn't nice to any of us." Joey pouts, picking his jaw off the floor. "Maybe if you were smart like (Y/n) then maybe he will." Tristan teased which earned him a rough noogie by Joey who also tried to choke home while giving him that harsh noogie. Trying to drill his fist into his skull.

Tea had to break their little fight and everyone followed Mokuba inside.

»»--♡--««

Mokuba showed everyone to their room. They still kept following him when it came to showing you to your room. "Holy shit!" Joey exclaimed and you whacked his arm "Language, Yuma." You huffed before realizing you called Joey, "Yuma". Joey rubbed his arm "Ow, sorry, geez." You gave a silent sigh of relief. Glad he did not catch on what you called him. 'Damn habit.' You thought to yourself while mentally noting to make sure to watch how you called him from now on. Tristan did catch on but he remained silent about it. Jane had made her way inside of your luxurious room with a king size bed that looked super comfy, a wooden carved dresser, and a beautiful wooden closet that Mokuba opened to showcase that there were already clothes prepared for you in them. "Big bro told me to call ahead to set this room for you." Mokuba chirped. Tea walked to your closet with stars in her eyes and turned back to you "I am stealing some of these I am telling you here and now." She held onto an outfit.