16. Love And Jealousy

~~~WAQAS' POV~~~

I leaned against my car's door and pressed the horn a few times. Right. It's just a three hour drive Waqas, not a big deal at all. You know you can do it. Not quite.

I don't understand why is this idea of taking Malvika along with me is making me nervous all of a sudden? I mean, she is a friend that I usually do hang out with and I have known her since she and Hussain became friends in university. I agree that I had a mild crush on her back then but those days and feelings are far gone. I shouldn't be nervous around her. That's it.

"Vik-kuhh!" I heard a giggle behind me and a smile made its way to my lips. "Aye!" I cheered as Manik came running out of the building, followed by Malvika and Megha. I picked him up and he hugged me, wrapping is tiny arms around my shoulders.

We had our little bonding moment until Megha took him from me. "Wow, he must love you a lot," she commented and I kissed him on his cheek.

"Manik is going to be a good boy, right?" Malvika asked Manik, bringing her hand forward. Manik kept his hand on her's and nodded. She pulled his cheek and ruffled his hair before sitting in the car.

"Byeee!" Manik yelled as I took my seat. I threw a flying kiss at him and drove off. This kid though.

The car ride was quite fun. We jammed to all the crazy Bollywood songs and stopped for sight seeing along the highway. By the time we reached our hotel, we were exhausted. Yeah, we had to book a room to get ready because driving while already dressed up was a bad idea.

"I hope you enjoy your stay, sir," the man at the reception said before another guy led us to our grand room. It had a proper lounge, bar, bathroom and bedrooms.

"Wow, so big for a night," Malvika gawked as she slowly turned in circles, absorbing her surrounding. I chuckled while closing the door. "Like it?"

"Like it? Seriously?" I asked, "this is like a grand apartment. I love it!"

I laughed a little and shook my head, "let's watch a movie or take a nap before we have to get ready?"

"Yeah, get ready for pure torture," she sighed and plopped on the couch, "what made you think that I will wear that dress? That's so not me!"

~~~ATIF'S POV~~~

I got home early today as Aisha and I had to attend our first session with the psychiatrist. It took me hours to convince her that it's just a general check up and no one is declaring her mad. No, she is not going crazy- it's just a hard time that we are going through and this is just to help her cope better with it. I love her too much to let her be like this and suffer.

I walked inside the house and found it quite as always. Ever since her miscarriage, Aisha has stopped doing almost every thing. She doesn't bake, or listens to loud music. We don't even have our after dinner dances anymore.

I sighed and entered the bed room and there she was, sitting in front of the dressing table. I smiled as I approached her.

"Hey," I whispered and bent down to kiss her hair but, she didn't react and that made my heart sink. "Ready?" I still asked and she got up to come around and stand in front of me.

"Are you- are you sure it's the right thing to do?" She asked fiddling with my coat's buttons. I sighed and held her hands. "I would never want anything bad for you," I assured and and she weakly smiled.

"I am only doing this because I love you," she whispered and I couldn't stop myself from stealing a kiss.

"I love you too."