03. Love Or No Love?

~~~SHEHRY's POV~~~

"And so, a normal morning chat turned into a fight," I sighed as I concluded Sain's holiday so far.

"Yeah," he nodded, taking a sip from his coke.

Great! Just great. I don't know how these two manage to fight every time they are together? Something has gotten between them and the sad thing is that they just do not want to talk it out. I mean, the way Sain expresses his feelings to me and how Preet talks her heart out to Aisha bhabhi, it's so easy to tell that they both love each other.

So, is that ego, lack of communication or what- that's stopping them from being together? Stopping them from sorting out things between them?

"Yaar, I don't even know what gets into her at times?" Hussain shook his head and pushed away his half filled glass, "either she fights with me or ignores me. Real problem Kya hai Yeh toh batana hi nahi hai."

"Hmm," I nodded to tell him that I am listening. There was complete silence on the table for a few moments before my mind clicked.

"Divorce her," I suggested, pushing his glass towards him. Hussain's eyes widened as he looked up at me, "divorce? have you lost it Shehry?"

His question left me with a smirk. "Aaj nahi toh kal Yeh hi hone Wala hai Hussain. If you think that this relationship is failing then there is no point dragging it," I shrugged it casually as the waiter came up to us with our dinner, "jitna kheecho ge utni takleef hi hogi."

I waited for the waiter to leave while Hussain was lost, deep in his thoughts. I chose not to disturb him while we ate quietly. After I paid the bill, we headed to my apartment. I spent another hour or two reading the script out loud to Hussain. He seemed quite happy with it and that made me feel proud of myself. Finally I have a project that others believe in. This is going to be one of the best debuts that a director can ever dream of.

After the script, Hussain was casually going through my DVDS collection when I decided bring up the divorce topic again. "Are you going to give it a thought then?

"Give what a thought?" Hussain looked at me, puzzled.

"The divorce," I reminded him, "look, if she irritates you-"

"Keep your suggestions to yourself, Shehry," Hussain snapped at me and got up from the couch. He walked out and I followed him, quickly grabbing his keys, mobile and wallet.

"But if you think about it, Hussain!" I called out and he stopped walking away from me.

"I am not letting her go, Shehry and that's final!" Hussain half yelled at me as he turned around, "call me selfish if you like but, I love her too much to let her go." He whispered the last part with his eyes glistening.

I forced my curved lips to flatten out as I couldn't let Hussain see my smile. "But, this relationship is failing-"

"It's failing- it hasn't failed yet!" Hussain yelled in a much louder and heavy voice this time, with pain evident.

"Exactly!" I claimed calmly and his angry eyes frowned at me. "You love her too much to let her go but, you can't be bothered to put in any efforts to improve the situation, Hussain?" I asked and he lowered his eyes.

"You keep saying that she is at fault but, have you ever tried to understand why she behaves like that?" I added and he ran a hand through his hair, "jiss zid par adh kar tune usse shaadi ki thi- going against the odds- Kya uss zid par adh kar problem ke roots tak pohochne ki kabhi Koshish ki hai tune?"

"Shehry-"

"Don't Shehry me!" I scolded him, "Pyaar ka matlab shaadi karna nahi hota Hussain. Uss Shaadi ko nibhana bhi parta hai!"