06. Shadows and Dreams

Hi!
I have a list of ship names in the pic-->

So, help me choose one for Hussain-Preet and Shehry-Asmaara please?

I am counting all the votes and will be announcing the ship names in the next update :D

HappyReading<3

.
~~~ASMAARA'S POV~~~

"Right Amy, it's time to close," Mrs. Wong called out as I swept the last corner of the small flower shop. "Almost done, Mrs Wong!" I yelled as I quickly washed my hands and hung my apron on the hook.

Mrs. Wong is the owner of this shop. Although she lives in an old age society and gets taken care by the government, she still chooses to invest her free time here. I think it's a fun past time too as this is exactly what I am doing when I have no other option left.

"Let's go," I smiled as I approached her and she brought her hand forward. She gave me a packet which contained my salary for this week. "Thanks," I told her as I pulled the cash out and shoved in my wallet. With not being able to use my credit cards, cash is all I have got. I just wish that mama and baba come back from their trip soon so I can go back home.

I locked the doors first and then walked Mrs Wong back to her society before heading home. Though it was not that late yet, the sky had already turned a darker shade of blue since its winter. Being late out here isn't safe anyway and here I was, walking alone down an isolated street.

A car's engine roared to life somewhere behind me and the fear of that dark shadow came back. I knew very well that it wasn't there yet; without caring about my heels, I ran down the street aimlessly. All of a sudden, bright lights flashed in front of me, blocking my vision and the sudden chaos of loud, screeching horns made my head spin. Large arms wrapped around me, clutching on to me firmly as I constantly tried to escape the trap.

"Let me go!" I screamed. However, the words never escaped from my lips as that dark shadow completely fell upon me and I lost track of what's real and what's just a nightmare.

~~~PREET's POV~~~

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" Malvika sighed as she placed some fresh flowers in the flower vase, next to my bed. I glance at Hussain and found him staring at me already, with a faint smile playing on his lips. A pang of gilt washed over me again.

"Sorry about that," I said to Malvika and I really meant it. I did end up giving everyone a heart attack especially when they know what happened with Aisha.

"Where is Manik?" I asked and Malvika laughed. "All he needs is Aisha. She took him to the restaurant near by." From the corner of my eye I saw Atif looking pretty uncomfortable. I know that he doesn't like it when Aisha is around Manik. Seeing him takes her two years back in time. I just don't know how my baby will affect her?

"Discharge papers are ready!" Shehry announced as he came in with more balloons. Seriously, what's up with everyone and balloons? Yup, each one of them came in with either balloons or flowers for some reason. Yaar koi chocolate hi le aata? Hmph.

Though I was given the crutches, Hussain didn't let me walk. He scooped in his arms, bridal style and helped me sit on a wheel chair. Everyone chuckled like they were seeing this for the first time only to embarrass me. Even after three years, Hussain's sweet gestures like this make me turn crimson and they all know it very well.

As Hussain helped me get into the back seat of the car, Waqas and Malvika made themselves comfortable too which clearly annoyed Hussain. He glared at the pair with his hands on his hips. "Chalo Hussain," Malvika said and Hussain snorted. "Kameeno bahar nikalne ka kya loge?" he asked, trying his best to act normal.