Forever with you - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

Adithi's POV:

I instantly felt so tired. My legs were twitching. My head felt heavy. My eyes burned. Morning sickness. 'You're getting this frequently, dear. You should consult a doctor,' Amma caressed my head while smiling meaningfully. I nodded in agreement. 

'Shall we go now?' Arya asked handing over Shristi to Deiva. 'Nope. I am fine. Perfectly,' I said walking out to the living room. I sat on the couch and looked at the teacup. 'If you don't feel alright, then leave it, Adithi. No problem,' Arya took the cup. 

I nodded. Deiva went to feed Shrishti her breakfast with Arya. Amma sat beside me and held my hand. 'How are you feeling now?' she asked me with a smile. 'Fine now, Amma,' I smiled back. 'Did you tell Jeeva?' she asked eagerly. 

'Yeah. I told him,' I smiled remembering his tears when I told him. 'But we didn't talk about it much. Because we both were super tired and just hit the sack last night,' I sighed. 'When are you planning to tell everyone else?' she asked again. 

'Maybe tonight,' I replied. 'After Jeeva wakes up, go to the hospital. Ok?' she caressed my cheek. 'I will, Amma,' I nodded. 'I didn't give Shristi to you because in the first trimester it's not good to lift babies or any other heavy objects,' she instructed. 'I guessed it,' I smiled looking over her. 'I will get something for you to eat,' she got up. When I was about to get up she stopped me. 'You rest for some time. I will get it,' she walked away.

Even though I try to get everything out of my mind, yesterday's incidents are getting back to my mind. If things have gone the other way what would have happened? Our baby will be dead too. But I cannot compromise on Jeeva too. He is the hope of my life. Without him. No. 

'I am sorry baby,' I whispered touching my belly. I was a terrible mother. Tears welled up in my eyes. Jeeva's anger is right. Thank God. Everything went well. Else. I sighed wiping the tears. 'Adithi,' Jeeva called me. He walked to me as I looked at him. 

'I want to talk to you' he stretched his hand to me. I held his hand and stood up. He walked me to the garden. We both sat down on the bench in the garden. He took my hand in his and held it tightly. 

'Why were you crying?' he asked turning to me. I just sighed lowering my gaze. 'Adithi. You did what is right,' he cupped my face. 'How it could be? My decision could have killed our baby,' tears welled up in my eyes.

Jeeva's POV:

I gently wiped off the tears with my thumbs. 'If the same happened after our baby was born, what would you do then?' I asked her freeing her face. 'Of course, it would be me. I cannot let something happen to both of you,' she replied instantly. 

'Yeah. That's what you would have done. Your intention was never to hurt our child. But to save me. It was an inevitable situation that made you choose like that. Not your heart or your intentions,' I pressed her hand. 'It's not an excuse, right?' she asked with tears in her eyes.

'But you saved us all, right? You didn't let anything happen to us. You acted brave and saved us all,' I wiped her tears again. 'You're angry with me,' she sniffed. 'It was you who saved our baby. It was you who saved me,' I replied. 

'How can I be angry with you?' I added on. She looked at me trying to trust my statement. 'Adithi, I was angry when I didn't think about the situation from your perspective. But I gave it a go. That's when I found out that what you did was right. Now my anger is nowhere,' I kissed her forehead. 

'I love you,' she cupped my face. 'And I am sorry,' she added on. 'No. I am sorry. For being angry with you last night,' I hugged her. 'Don't be. Your feelings are valid,' she held me tightly. 'Ok. Let's move on from the past. No more tears. No more guilt. No more sadness,' I looked at her with a smile.