look at me.

tw/cw: implied eating disorder

"so, where's dream for the week?" karl asked, dropping his bags onto the couch.

"he's staying at his mum's," sapnap answered, kicking off his shoes, "he left this morning and he won't be back till the start of next week."

karl nodded in understanding, eyes darting around to take in the house, "i expected it to be more cluttered than this," he admitted, looking at a few little trinkets on their bookshelf.

"usually there's pictures around but i took them down cause dream's face is in them," the ravenette explained with a laugh, "i figured it's the least i could do."

karl's bottom lip rolled between his teeth, "i feel bad," he admitted, looking back at the smaller boy, "would he be upset if he knew i was here?"

"no, no of course not!" sapnap quickly dismissed, "he would be happy that i have company, and to be completely honest i think we both know the idea of you being round would excite him."

karl ignored the second half of sapnap's response, "well then why don't you want him to know?"

karl couldn't help but feel guilty. this was dream's house and he was intruding- and the blond doesn't even know.

"it's not that i didn't want him to, i just didn't get round to telling him." the younger boy replied, dropping down on the sofa, "if it would make you feel more at ease i will call him tonight and let him know," he offered.

"please," the brunette muttered reluctantly, not wanting to inconvenience the other.

"karl, if it makes you more comfortable i would do it without question," sapnap confirmed, "i'll do it after we've eaten to give him some time with his family first."

"thank you," karl smiled, grateful for his friend.

"speaking of," sapnap started, pushing himself back off of the sofa just as the brunette was sitting down, "what do you fancy for supper?"

"anything is fine," karl shrugged absentmindedly, "just nothing too heavy, i'm still recovering."

"yeah, no, of course, i wouldn't make you eat any more than you are comfortable with," the younger boy assured.

karl smiled thankfully, "well, we can eat whatever you fancy, but i don't really wanna cook."

"i wouldn't have made you anyway," sapnap laughed, "and we both know i can't cook so i just sort of assumed we'd get takeout."

"okay sounds good, are we going to order?"

"no i'll have to go pick it up," sapnap started, "no one really delivers all the way out here."

dream, understandably, wanted to live in a quiet area- but it definitely has its disadvantages.

"okay cool, did you want me to drive?" the brunette offered.