april flowers won't last till october.

tw/cw: illness (cancer), death

it was april

and george loved dream.

and dream loved george.

and they were happy.

and they were at a park.

and they were having a picnic.

and the sound of their hushed conversations were being carried away to the whisper of the cool breeze and the joyful shouts of children at the play area nearby.

and they were shielded from the cool, english, spring air by a thick blanket draped over their shoulders and the warmth of their joint body heat blending into a warm embrace.

and they were out for hours.

and the sun was going down, slipping slowly behind the treeline while george made the same motion down to the blonde's lap, head eventually resting on the other's thighs as he tried to blink away his tiredness.

and he was only tired because of the day they'd had, full of adventures and laughter.

and he wanted desperately to stay awake, to lose himself in this moment in his boyfriend's arms. but the soft humming from dream, accompanied by the gentle fingers coiling through his hair, was undeniably sending him to sleep.

and his eyes weighed shut, only for him to forcefully snap them back open.

and he spoke in a mumble, voice laced with the heavy pressure of sleep, "stop it."

and dream chuckled audibly behind him, not moving his hand from the brunette hair as he replied, "stop what georgie?"

and george hit dreams hand away lightly, "i'm serious," he muttered, anything but, secretly wanting the touch to return quicker than it had left.

and luckily it did. "you can sleep georgie, i'll carry you back if i have to."

and george giggled as dream manhandled him over his shoulder, standing up with george hanging over him like a ragdoll, "see," the blond muttered proudly, "light as a feather baby."

and the brit wanted to reply, but the words fell out of his mouth as it opened to scream, latching tightly onto his boyfriend's back as the younger boy started spinning them around.

and they were being far too loud for a public park at this time, but they couldn't care. from what they could see they were the only ones there. it was just them. one and another. them.

and george was gasping for breath as he got carefully put down onto the grass, falling backward to lay down, only now seeing the stars.

and dream looked up from where he was stood, desperate to see the beauty that had sparked such a glint in his boyfriend's eyes.

and he saw the stars too.

and dream turned to the brit, his brown eyes dilating at the galactical golden specs.