hello stranger

tw/cw: anxiety/ anxious behaviour, briefly mentions a panic attack (doesn't actually happen)

it was sapnap who picked up george from the airport. and it would be rude to say he was disappointed but really... he was.

of course, the brunette was overjoyed to see the other, but they had been together in england no more than a month ago and, admittedly, george's mind was plagued with the idea of seeing a different friend.

the drive from the airport felt longer than anything else george had ever experienced. he had never been so on edge before, and sapnap screaming along to jack harlow was not doing anything to help his nerves.

george had to physically restrain himself from hitting sapnap when the ravenette decided they should pull over when they were half way home, to get food.

pull. over. not even just a drive through. he made them get fully out the car and sit in a stupid fast food restaurant and eat stupid food.

george's leg was jumping in place with such speed and force that it genuinely concerned sapnap, worrying him that the other may be trying to suppress panic attack.

"george?" the younger boy asked gently, catching the other's attention, "everything alright?"

george responded with a snappy, "fine." before rolling his eyes and moving to look out the window.

sapnap was shocked at the others tone but chose not to press any further, not wanting to upset the brunette.

after a few moments of awkward silence, george sighed, hitting his head back against the seat of the booth. "i'm sorry," he groaned, "i'm just anxious about meeting dream." he admitted, rolling his head forward to look at sapnap.

the younger boy couldn't help but laugh, playfully rolling his eyes as he ate another fry, "you weren't this worried about meeting me." he pointed out, jokingly smirking at the other.

in response, george threw the lettuce he had removed from his burger at the other. "that's because you are... you!" he exclaimed, muttering a quiet "idiot" when the other started laughing at him.

after that, sapnap finished up his food quicker, being more mindful of the brits urgency.

the rest of the drive seemed to take even longer than the first half and, if you asked george, he would've sworn the other was going slowly on purpose.

when they pulled into, what the brit assumed to be, the driveway of the house, george took a deep breath and rubbed his sweaty hands against his thighs.

"fuck, i'm scared." george muttered, and only a few moments later sapnap burst into laughter.

george snapped his attention to the ravenette to see him laughing at something on his phone, "what??" he exclaimed, the other only laughing harder. george playfully hit his arm "why are you laughing?" he questioned, slightly louder.

george only scowled as the younger boys laugh morphed into a chokey wheeze.

"sapnap, you are annoying me now." he spoke sternly, "what is so funny?"