Lucas stood up and went toward the steps. I rushed to my feet and called his name, making him turn around with furrowed eyebrows.

"We haven't talked about our sleeping arrangements," I said and he looked aside for some seconds before staring back at me.

"The bed of course... I mean, it's big enough for the two of us to lay on," Lucas replied and smirked, summoning that cocky side of his.

I scoffed. "The last thing I would do is share a bed with you. So, be serious."

Lucas chuckled. "I am being serious."

I gulped and looked up at the bed that was visible from where I stood.

"Wait here," I said and walked past him then made my way up the steps. When I entered the room, I went straight into the walk-in closet where I took my blanket and made my way out. I grabbed one of the pillows on the bed and walked down the steps.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What are you doing?" Lucas asked and blocked my way.

"Get out of the way," I warned and tried to walk to the left but he blocked me with his arms wide open.

"Why are you with a blanket and a pillow?"

"One, I just realized you might have slept on that bed with your girlfriends and two, I can't stay with you on the same bed," I said and he smiled.

Lucas had a beautiful smile and this was the first time I saw him smile. His smile stretched his lips which made me see his straight white teeth. When he poked his tongue out and ran it over his upper teeth, I felt warmth between my legs at the motion which confused me.

"Come on, Jackie. Why would you think like that?" Lucas asked and walked closer but I stepped back.

He started to walk further and I did the opposite until my back touched the shelf close to the steps. A gasp left my lips when he placed his strong arms on both sides of my face and leaned down. I lifted the pillow, covering half of my face with it.

"What do you think will happen if we sleep together?" He whispered, his eyes darkened.

My heart thumped hard and fast at his words, especially his choice of words. My mind became filled with a dirty image of a naked Lucas on top of me and my body heated up at the image. When I looked into his darkened blue eyes, I blinked slowly at the intensity of his gaze on my face. It was as if he was trying to read my mind and I hoped he couldn't because the thought of me and him under the sheets was embarrassingly sinful.

"I asked you a question?" He whispered and I hummed. "Tell me what will happen if we sleep on the same bed?"

When he leaned close to my ear and exhaled, a shudder escaped my body as well as a loud exhale. He was so close that I could feel his warmth and smell his deodorant.

"I... Nothing but..." I was speechless as his nose rubbed my cheek.

Lucas chuckled then moved back with my blanket and pillow. It was like the spell that was on me suddenly vanished and I went back to my senses.

"Can I have my blanket and pillow back?" I asked and he looked at them before shaking his head.

"No... You take the bed and I'll stay on the couch," he replied and turned around.

"No! I told you I won't sleep on that bed because who knows the number of girls you've done things to on that bed!"

I marched up to him when he started to laugh. This was not funny. How was I supposed to sleep comfortably without thinking of how many sweats was soaked inside the mattress under the blankets.

"Listen," Lucas said and faced me, seriousness on his face. "I'm a playboy, player or whatever you call it. But I don't bring the girls I fuck to my house or on my bed. It's a personal thing and too intimate."

I swallowed and opened my mouth to speak but no words could come out. I simply nodded but because I was stubborn, I took my blanket back from him, shocking him.

"Okay... But, I will still sleep on the couch. This is your house, you took me in, fed me and all so it's reasonable for me to stay on the couch. I can't have you being so uncomfortable because of me," I said and started walking past him.

Before I could get close to the couch, I felt myself being lifted off the floor and thrown over his shoulder. I screamed out of fear and wiggled.

"Put me down!"

"Stay still you stubborn girl!" He ordered but I wiggled more. "If you don't stay still I'm going to smack this ass of yours right this instant!"

I gasped, feeling shocked and offended.

"You wouldn't dare!" I said and heard a chuckle from him.

"Don't test me, baby. I will spank you if you try me," he said and I relaxed on his shoulder.

"Okay," I whispered and his fingers clenched the back of my thigh.

"Good girl. Now stay still," Lucas said and he started to move.

I shut my eyes when I started to feel dizzy. I was wondering if I wasn't too heavy for him but then again, Lucas was athletic and most likely carried weights heavier than my body mass.

Some seconds later, I was dropped on something soft and bouncy. I opened my eyes and saw him standing over me at the edge of the bed.

"You'll sleep on the bed from now on. Don't worry, Jackie. I sleep on my couch most nights," he said with a wink and started leaving.

"Wait!" I said and he stopped before looking over his broad shoulder. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For letting me stay here," I said.

"You're welcome... Good night, Jackie."

I watched him leave and when I could not see his head anymore, I laid down and stared at the ceiling. I started to think about the events of the day and how much everything was better than it was days ago.

Tomorrow, I will start working at Clark's place and coming back to a roof over my head.

I smiled. "I hope everything goes well from now on."