Burn After Reading {Jisung + Seungmin} pt. 2/3

Part three will be out later tonight but I figured that I would surprise my loves with this chapter to keep you waiting. Thanks so much, guys.

Love ya bunches ☀️

// Third POV //

Seungmin woke up at two in the morning in an absolute panic.

He had a nightmare, the nightmare that beat all other nightmare. There had been a frank sense of awareness that someone in his unconscious state should not have been subjected to. He's been lucid dreaming a lot lately but for some reason when he has nightmares, he knows that he's there, in a false reality, but he's not in control of anything that's happening.

There was this confidence one has when dreaming where their psyche assures them that they are not aware, which is why when someone cries in a dream, they aren't truly feeling sadness or a rush of despair, it's just a simple action like every other movement of the body.

But in Seungmin's case, the dream felt close to reality, so close in fact that he was sweating, a monstrous stab at his heart. Still blinking evenly, the idol reached over to his nightstand to pick up his water bottle, taking a hearty gulp.

Eventually, his heart did start being calm and Seungmin was out of shock. His hands and body were clammy. He couldn't remember what the dream was about. Just that it had been the worse dream he had ever had.

Seungmin ran his sweaty hands up and down his arms in a counterclockwise type of motion. Whenever he was upset or under tremendous stress, he would touch the watch that his father had given to him and would be suddenly overcome with unlimited waves of relief.

His fingernails went to scratch the surface but was met with white skin.

His heart drummed again, rubbing his wrist, panicking as he felt nothing.

He slapped his hands on the bed, under the covers. There was nothing there. No watch. Sometimes when he was on diets, he would lose fat in his arms and the watch would become oversized and it would slip smoothly off of his wrist. But he hasn't been on a diet since Back Door promotions and he got the watch resized that it will never fall  off.

Don't panic, don't panic, don't panic. He slowly, but then rapidly, began talking to himself.

Seungmin got up from the bed. Going to switch on the lights, he threw the covers off the bed, and then got the pillows into his grasp, throwing them to the floor as well. He stripped the bed of its sheets, now practically in tears, then ran through his lethally silent hotel suite, screaming out to God that he better not be fucking with him.

The sweat burned on his eyelashes, causing his vision to go blurry for a second, Seungmin rubbed at his eyes in a cruel and violent manner.

He put his arms over his head, staring up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath then let a deep, blood-curling scream into the darkness. The silence mocking him.

-----------------

The ocean air snowed with a breezy, cold mist. Seungmin was freezing so badly his teeth were stammering and couldn't move his fingers. He was in a hurry, only putting on one layer of clothing before storming out into the night.

It had to be below twenty degrees outside. If this wasn't a vacation island then the roads would be paved with ice and snow. Everyone seemed to be awake at this late hour. Crowds at the bar, families and couples in the pools, it was out of Seungmin's view entirely.

His focus remained solely on his father's watch. Finding it was of the utmost importance. Seungmin didn't want to bother his members, they would just advise him to wait until the sun woke up but he couldn't wait that long. He started off to retrace his steps.