Reminder

Athena Jane
Thirteen

Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!! — Athena rushed to her door angrily, twisted the knob and swung the door open. "What the hell!" — "Don't what the hell me!! I've been ringing this goddamn doorbell for over twenty minutes straight" Jill barked back.

After Athena had let Jill in, they both took a seat on the couch to explain their weekend to one another. Jill had one hell of a story to tell, while... Athena wished she didn't have to say anything at all. But then again... Jill needed answers otherwise she'd question their friendship faster than how she got here.
________________________________
Last Night

                      After Valentine had basically screeched her tires down the road Athena stepped back into her home and shut the door. The man she called her lover was once sleep on her couch while she pranced around her home cleaning in almost lingerie at 4am in the morning.

Athena sat on the couch where Kalep had slept on for the night after he had unexpectedly popped up on her without any acknowledgement . She tried to understand why this man couldn't let her go. "Who was that" He asked her. "Just a friend of me and Jill's" She answered. At first there was awkward silence which Athena took it as Kalep wasn't having none of her shit tonight, but, that quickly turned when he asked her something he never did. "Tell me about your day baby" — Athena eyebrows went up as she recalled the week she had been having without him — "It was good" She shortened nervously. "Just Good?" He repeated, It was like her saying just that wasn't enough. Nothing wasn't enough since she had denied him sex for the night. Athena honestly wasn't feeling it.

For twenty whole minutes Athena and Kalep sat in silence. Neither one of them spilled their week worth of fun. No one said a thing, not even two — "I wanna take a break" Athena blunted told. — Kalep's entire head did a full 170 — Those eyes looked into hers angrily, saddened and confused. "I don't think that's a — "Good idea?" Athena finishes. Kalep looks at her carefully and began questioning why she wanted to cool off on things so suddenly? "Is their someone else?" Was their someone else? Of course their was...

But that didn't mean he had to know.. "No. there's no one else. I just feel like we're drifting apart. You're hardly ever here Kalep, when you are.. it's like I'm some prostitute waiting to be fucked" Athena told a half truth, half lie. She knew the truth.

Kalep opens his mouth to speak then shuts it before he laid his head back and looked up into the ceiling of her home. "I work and work, and work.. and still my promised prescience isn't enough for you" He began. "I didn't say that and you — "It doesn't matter if you didn't say it. I left work to be with you. I always leave work to be with you on the first of the month when I could just work and never leave" He explains.

Athena sat there as her blood started to boil for a man she loved. Was he really telling her that he could've chose his job over her a long time ago? Was he really telling her that she was a choice between his job? Was he fucking serious? "Are you telling me that I'm a choice?" She asked him. Kalep quickly shut his mouth and bit down on his lip "Are you telling me that we're on a break?" He restated for reassurance. "Are really about to sit here and compare a damn break up to a choice between me and your goddamn job?" Athena shouted at him angrily.

Kalep sat there in silence, there was no way he could ever come back from this now. And to think she actually wanted to work things out..