Comfort

Athena Jane - Five

                     The last person Athena wanted to see today was Valentine. She still couldn't wrap her head around why she was asleep on her couch. Frankly she couldn't wrap her head around anything since last-night. Was she really that fucked up to a point where she couldn't even remember who took her home? She had thought a handsome man had the courtesy to drive her to her house like a nice gentlewomen he was... but it was Valentine. Valentine was there to save the damn day.. where the hell was Kalep when she needed him.. In Colorado.

Athena finally accepted Valentines visit back to her home nothing other than a professional meet and greet to her project. Valentines smile that she was so accustomed to didn't show whatsoever this time. She just stood in her doorway with a decent look on her face and waited to be welcomed inside. Now that Athena thought of her actions earlier.. never seeing that smile again would be the cause of her random and Un-needed outburst.

Valentine didn't say a word. Her quietness made the silence around them awkward. So Athena stepped to the side and cracked her door open for her entrance. She followed her welcome in, stepped inside and began on her work.

Athena stayed as far as she could away while Valentine worked. It wasn't like she wanted to avoid her but it seemed like Valentine was trying to avoid her. Anyone would want to stay 10 feet away if they got screamed at just because they slept on her lonely couch. If anything her couch needed the love, no one had sat on it in ages, not even her since she bought the home. Maybe she should go over and at least explain her concern.

Athena stepped out of her back-door which was open from Valentines departure into her yard for a set-up to work. When she turned the corner Valentine was reaching for a heavy plank. It was in both her hands and those muscles came bulging right though those arms. Sweat had started to run down the brace of her back. And that ass... it was perfect right in those slacks. Athena didn't take her eyes off that body until it came to a full stop for attention.

Athena picked her eyes up and saw Valentine looking back at her with a plank of wood sitting on her shoulder instead. Athena cleared her throat and tried to get her emotions under control. She came out here to say sorry, not act like a thirsty woman for another woman's body. She quickly cleared her throat before she came into close view with valentine.

"I'm sorry about earlier" Athena apologized. Valentine swung the plank around and carefully laid it down. Valentine opens her mouth to speak but then quickly closes it. "You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to come out here and personally explain that I'm sorry. I shouldn't have came at you the way I did but I did. I ignored the fact that you were probably the only one that could bring me home without doing certain things to me. - Athena scoffs - I don't even remember that night clearly.. W-what did I do?". Valentines eyebrows shot up to that message like a trigger. She clears her throat and looks into Athena's eyes with confidence, concern and uncertainty.

"Not much. You got drunk a little bit, maybe a little too much if you ask me. You danced a little and then I had to bring you home" Valentine told her. "I danced? Who did I dance on?. — Valentine opens her mouth before it twitched, then she answered with what would've been the best answer for Athena right now. "Some guy. You were pretty into it and he.. well he was turned on. You started tripping over your feet so I came in to save you from being forcefully dragged home" Valentine explained. "Oh... — Athena crosses her arms around her chest - Well thank you, I'm sure as nice as he was if he had took me home, who's to say I would be here right now, So thank you for stepping in and assisting to me when no one else could" Athena thanks once again. "Would you like a glass or water or anything? - Valentine rubs the back of her head and nods - Athena begin her debut back into her home feeling relieved of what she did earlier. She had no reason to be so mean.. but yet she was.