In Denial

Athena Jane - Three

                        Athena stormed over to the front door of her house and swung it open. "Why the fuck are you here at 9am in the god-damn morning?" She asked Valentine angrily. Athena folds her arms up under her chest waiting for Valentine's excusable answer.

"Seems your a forgetful woman already. I told you Friday after you made sure that the fall project is what you wanted that I'd be here at 8:45 am" Valentine informs her. "I don't remember agreeing to a 9am sighting on a Friday" Athena explains to her. "Now that is where you are absolutely right on. You didn't agree to a morning sighting. If I can completely remember this, Hold on. Oh! You told me that you wouldn't be waking up unless the world was sinking into the devil's pit" Valentine recites. "The world isn't ending" Athena reminds her. "Look I have other clients to attend to, projects to finish up and a personal life I'd like to enjoy before the end of the day. I chose to come here first because you are a fresh new project so... I have to see your home before I begin" Valentine explains.

Athena knew she shouldn't have agreed to this shed so quickly. A stranger was on her porch with rules and she had no way to say no. She wanted this private space as quickly as she could have it, but at what cost? Her own sleep being interrupted at 9am in the morning..

Athena grunts, turns her heel and walks away from her doorway back to her room. What other choice did she have? A book was waiting for her on a desk unfinished so arguing with an architect about her project was the least of her worries.

After what seemed like 15 full quiet minutes the sound of a soft knock to her door scared her pen to fall out of her hand. Athena quickly scrambled for it before banging her head up under her own desk. She yelped out in pain before she felt another hand other than her own rub over it softly. "That look like it hurt. Are you okay?" Valentine asked her.

Athena's heart raced in her chest when she inhaled this fresh, sweet masculine scent rising off of Valentine's body. She smelled amazing, looked amazing.. even in a plain white t-shirt with a pair of black jeans wrapped around her perfect legs she still managed to make something simple look extravagant. "Are you okay?" Valentine repeats. Athena looked up and alarmist lost herself in valentines beauty. Good thing she wasn't lesbian otherwise she'd kiss her. "Y-Yeah I'm fine. That did hurt" Athena massages the top of her head a bit more with a scrunched up face. The spot she had hit throbbed with pain. She knew she'd have a nice big knot on her head later on.

"Do you have any ice packs?" Valentine asked her curiously. Athena eyes went up immediately, hesitating to even answer that question. She didn't need a caregiver, if she needed one she could just go and get it herself. Bumping her head up under the table didn't give her amnesia. "I'm sorry. I'm probably over-stepping my stay" Valentine explains embarrassingly. Athena didn't speak a word as she witnessed this woman unfold with true embarrassment right before her eyes. Valentine clears her throat, blinks a few times too fast before she explained the assignment.

"So.. I looked around. You have an amazing home. Whomever built it had to have had more than 17 years of experience in the field" She told thoughtfully. "Thank you" Athena finally spoke. This time she felt pity for Valentine. Why didn't she say something? Even a No would've been better than nothing. "I went over the floor plan you want in the back and turns out the project you want might take a little longer than I've anticipated" Valentine explains. "How long are we talking?" Athena crosses her bare leg over the other. "12 months, if not 16 to the most" Valentine explains. "16 months!!! That's absurd Valentine! If I have to wait 16 months for my private space to be built then I might as well wait until I die for it" Athena barks. "12 - 16 months is actually the shortest time anyone would ever recommend to you" Valentine informs back. "And why is that? I'm sure if I wanted to I can find someone else" Athena folds her arms against her chest again in anger.