Chapter 9

Fiona wakes up from her sleep at 7 a.m.

She looks at her side to see Cam sleeping in a fetal position, his butt up in the air. She decides against waking up Cam, for it is weekend. It is Friday and their private school has 4-day school system

She kisses the back of his head, getting up from the bed. She does the laundry of Cam's dirty clothes because he needs to wear those to go to shopping. Then she brushes her teeth, going to the kitchen to make breakfast.

But first she gives Max his food and lets him out in the backyard to play. That dog is full of energy.

She decides on making pancakes and bacon.

While making the last pancake, she hears little feet coming towards her.

She smiles seeing Cam running to her. She crouches down, ruffling Cam's hair.

"Fiona, I have to go to the bathroom!" Cam shuffles on his feet.

"Okay, let's go." Fiona holds Cam's hand and takes him to the downstairs bathroom.

She picks him up, sitting him on the toilet. She holds his sides to keep him supported.

"Do you have to go number 2, baby?" Fiona asks when Cam just sits in the toilet without relieving himself.

"Uh-huh. But you are here." Cam points out as he doesn't want Fiona to see him do his business.

"I'll look away bud, don't worry." Fiona assures looking away.

Fiona laughs silently, hearing the baby grunts of Cam.

"Are you done?" Fiona asks after some time.

"Yes." Cam shyly replies.

Fiona goes to wipe Cam when he objects.

"I can do it myself.", Cam says taking the toilet paper from Fiona.

"Sure." Fiona watches Cam wipe himself down, noticing his terrible job at doing that.

She wipes him down herself, ignoring his protests.

"Let's go eat our breakfast." Fiona leaves the bathroom with Cam, after flushing the toilet.

Fiona places the still naked Cam on her lap. She feeds him herself, to avoid him getting messy.

"Go watch some TV, baby, while I eat." Fiona sets him on his feet.

Cam runs to the living room and starts his cartoons. It doesn't even register him that he is naked.

..

"Lay still, baby." Fiona says, trying to put his shirt on. They are in Fiona's bedroom, Fiona getting him in clothes. Fiona has to go shop for Cam.

"Cam, I'm will get mad. Lay still." Fiona sternly looks at Cam when he doesn't stop wiggling.

She finally manages to get him in his shirt. Next, his underwear and shorts.

"This should buy me some time." Fiona mumbles to herself, giving Cam her phone.

Cam starts playing a video game, fully engrossed in the device.

Fiona enters her closet and changes into white cropped tank top and relaxed fit blue jeans.

She breathes a sigh seeing Cam still busy with the phone. That definitely worked.

"Let's go shopping." Fiona picks Cam up, placing him on her hip.

They go downstairs and Fiona puts Cam's socks and shoes on him. She wears her white sneakers.