Only the Beginning

"I'm ... still tired," I mumbled as I turned over.

"I know Danielle but I need you to get up," Connor said to me looking serious.

"What do you need?" I said scratching my head, still laying down with my eyes barely open.

"This may sound or be weird but I'm a vampire," Connor said waiting for my reaction.

"A vampire? Okay I see .... you really like The Vampire Diaries," I said opening my eyes.

"No ... I'm a vampire," Connor said again.

"Are you on drugs?" I said sitting up on the couch and covering my mouth while I yawned.

"No ... I'm telling you I'm a vampire," Connor said.

"A vampire?" I asked smiling.

"Yeah, a vampire," Connor said seeming relaxed.

"A real vampire?" I asked still smiling.

"Yes," Connor said getting annoyed.

"I knew you were a little weird before but now I think you have psychological issues," I said to Connor.

"You believe things when you see it Danielle. I have so much to tell you but it's better to show you," Connor said to me.

"Show me what?" I asked Connor.

"Show you that I'm a vampire," Connor said.

"Okay Connor... go right ahead," I said rubbing my eyes and standing up.

"What are you gonna do? Bite me?" I asked Connor.

"Why would I bite you?" Connor asked me.

"I don't know Connor, you're trying to show me you're a ... I don't even want to say the v word because this is just weird, " I said heading to the kitchen.

I felt a cold quick breeze before Connor was in front of me. I had just seen him standing in front of the couch as I walked away and now he's in front of me.

"If this is the only way to show you then let me see your hand," Connor said.

"Whyyy do you want my hand?" I asked Connor.

"To bite you," Connor said.

"I don't want you drooling on me. What if you're like a cannibal or something?" I asked laughing.

"I'm not," Connor said.

I watched as he opened his mouth, his canine teeth changed into what people see in vampire films as fangs. And he looked into my eyes as he gently picked up one of my hands and brought it to his mouth.

At this moment I thought I'd be afraid but I didn't feel scared at all.

"Wait," i said before Connor's mouth was literally an inch away from my wrist.

"Are you seriously going to pretend to bite me?" I said to Connor laughing.

And then my laughter turned to pain. I squeezed my eyes shut and felt an exhilarating pain shoot from my wrist. I dared to open my eyes and look at the blood pouring from my wrist. I noticed that Connor's mouth was still attached to it.

"Get off of me!" I yelled as I jerked back my hand and watched my wrist slip off of Connor's teeth.

And then the pain stopped and the cool air in my house made my wrist tingle.

"Did you just bite me?" I said already knowing the answer to the question.

I watched as the blood from my wrist and Connor's teeth dripped into the carpet.