Before You

I knew that Connor didn't really socialize with anyone at school, so when he practically moved everywhere I moved, it didn't bother me.

"You gonna mingle or something?" I said to Connor as he took a sip of his drink.

"I'm fine right here," he said taking a huge gulp out of his red cup.

"Okay, well I'm going to --," I said before being interrupted.

"To what?" Connor asked.

"Talk to some of my friends, you gonna be okay right here?," I asked.

"Yeah," Connor said nodding his head.

"Alright, I'll be back," I said before walking over towards Megan and Candice.

------------------

Connor POV

This could be the perfect time for me to go get some blood. Danielle is already talking to her friends, it'll be a while before she checks back on me.

I let out a sigh after I took a huge gulp out of my red cup and put my jacket on.

"You're leaving already?" I heard from behind me.

"Yeah," I said without turning around.

"You should stayyy," I heard as the slurred stranger placed thier hand on the back of my shoulder.

"I can't," I said as I gently grabbed the strangers hand and placed it by her side as I turned around towards her.

"Can't what?" I heard Danielle say from behind me, unlike the stranger I recognized her voice.

"Nothing," I said as I turned around towards her.

""Okay well I have someone that I want you to meet," Danielle said as she looked at the drunk girl wonder off the some random person.

"Who?" I said looking around Danielle for whoever it is she wanted me to meet.

"My friend Candice," she pointed towards Candice, who was talking to Megan.

"I already met her," I said reminding Danielle of my first day of school.

"Yeah but she likes you. Don't tell her I told you that," she said laughing.

"She likes me?" I asked trying to act interested.

"Yeah, so maybe you two could mingle," Danielle said smiling looking at Candice who was looking at her.

"I'm not really interested in her," I said bluntly.

"She's darn near perfect, how are you not interested in her?" Danielle asked confused.

"Because you know that I'm interested in you," I said wihtout hesitation.

"We're back to that again? Just when things weren't so awkward between us," Danielle said rolling her eyes.

"I'm serious Danielle," I said.

"Me too. I don't like when you talk all serious, it's weird and creepy and ---," Danielle started to say before I interrupted her.

"-- it makes you uncomfortable," I said finishing her sentence.

"Well I just want to say that I really like you Danielle," I said taking a gulp of my drink. I watched as Danielle smiled at me out of realization.

"Is that okay? To say that I like you?" I asked Danielle with a smile.

"It's fine Connor," Danielle said smiling back at me.