Emilys secret

Chapter 21
( 3 hours after Emily collapsed )
Rachels pov :
I was waiting in the hall way by Emilys door waiting to know what was going on . A couple minutes later Dr.Swift came out and said , "She'll be okay. " he told me . I sighed as with relief. "What happened to her ?" I asked. "She ran out of breath and her body shut down. " he told me . I sat down , "Oh god its all my fault. " I said . He gave me a sigh of sympathy, "Walk with me Rachel. " he said . I got up and we took a walk . "Rachel, Emily had been in this hospital since she was 11. " he said . "I know she told me . " I said. "She didn't tell you everything. " he said. "What do you mean ? " I asked concerned. "Rachel , Emilys cancer has been cured since last year. " he said. "Last year but shes been doing chemo. " I said. "No she just likes to visit the paients . " He said. My heart dropped , ""Then why is she's still here ?" I asked. "She wanted to have more time to be your friend , she says you're like a mom to her , you're her hero." He told me . "Oh god I need to go talk to her excuse me . " I said and quickly went to her room . I knocked on the door and said , "Emily its Rachel please open up !" I begged but no answer. "Please Em I'm so so sorry about what I said its not true none of it. " I said but still she didn't answer . I sighed and then said , "okay I'm coming in." I told her. I then opened the door she was in her bed reading a book . I came in and sat down next to her , she glared at me but said nothing . I looked at her book she was reading The fault in Our Stars by John Green . I smiled and said , "So you like TFIOS?" I said. She continued to ignore me and then I said , "Okay so your mad at me and you have every right to be . " I told her. She didn't look at me , "Emily , I was wrong love is the most important thing in the world and I shouldn't have said that your love with Trevor wasn't real it was wrong and I was just upset with myself because I knew you were right. " I said. She looked at me . "Emily told me that you could leave . " I said . "Rachel. " She said. "Listen to me Emily . I care about you so much you are my best friend and thats why I want you to move on , you can go and live a normal life but don't stay here because of me because I'll be okay. " I told her . She began to cry , "Oh Rachel." She cried and leaped into my arms . "Listen to me Emily, you are smart, beautiful, and talented. You have a boy who adores and loves you don't give that up because before you know it it'll be gone and you'll miss it . " I said . "I can't leave though , I can't leave you Rachel your like my mom." She said. "Oh sweetie listen you can visit me everyday . " I said. "But where will I live I have no where to go . " She said. I took out the key to my apartment and said , "Here this is for you it's my apartment key everything is paid off so you can live there rent free. I have money in the cookie jar for food . " I told her. "I don't want to leave you though . " she said. "You're not leaving me you're living your life. " I said. "Maybe you should live yours too." She said.