The call

Chapter 18
( 2 weeks later )
Finns pov :
I was in my office grading papers when my phone rang . I looked at it it was an unknown number from New York I picked it up and said , "Hello?" "Finn? " the voice said . I reconigzed that beautiful voice immediately, "Rachel?" I asked hoping it was really her. "Yeah its me . " she said . I smiled, "How are you , is everything okay?" I asked her . "I'm okay just a little weak. " She said . "You sound so different." I said. "I know. " She said. I could tell she was weak by how soft her voice was. "How is Lima ? " She asked. "Its diffent without you here. " I told her . "How Monica ? " I asked. "She fine. " I said. "Mr.Shue gave me the invitation for your wedding I'm so happy for you. " She said I could tell she was lying . "I always thought it would be you ya know . " I told her . "I know I did too but I cant let you suffer because of me." She told me . "I could never suffer because of you I love you Rachel . " I told her . "I love you too Finn but I'm doing this because I don't want to hurt you. " she said. "But don't you get it Rachel we don't get to choose if we get hurt in this world but we do get to choose who hurts us and everytime I choose you Rachel Barbara Berry. " I said. She didn't say anything for a moment , "Finn I can't come to your wedding. " She said. "Why?" I asked. "Its to hard and I'm afraid that if I see you I might just stop the wedding . " she said . "Don't do this Rachel don't erase me from your life . " I said. "I don't want to Finn but its the right thing to do. I want you to be happy . " she said . "Thats just it as long as you're still alive I can't be happy with anyone but you." I said . "Finn you need to move on there's no future with me just sadness. " she said . "Don't say that. " I said. "I have to be realistic about this Finn okay so please if you really love me then move on from me , let me go. " She said. "I'll never let go Rachel Berry you and I are end game. " I said. "Finn. " She said. "Just say you'll come. " I said. "I can't. " she said. "Please if you want me to move on then say you'll come. " I said. "Okay I'll come . " she said. "Promise?" I said. "I promise. " She said. "Good . " I said . "I've got to go. " she said and then hung up .