Emily

Chapter 14
A month later
Rachels pov :
I was laying on the grass smelling the breeze of the trees . I have to do chemo for 7 weeks and with that I have to be kept inside the hospital. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath . My alarm then went off I opened my eyes , it was time to go in but I didn't want to saying goodbye to this
world just yet. I wanted to stay but I knew that I couldn't . I got up and took in the fresh air for one last time . I then walked in to the hospital. 20 minutes later I was in my room waiting for the doctor to take me for my first chemo treatment. I was waiting in the room when Dr.Swift finally came . "Hello Ms.Berry how are you today?" he asked me. "Well not too good considering the fact that I have cancer. " I told him. He smiled, "Relax Rachel everything will be okay . " He said. "Now do you have any family here with you or maybe a friend? " he asked. "No, all my friends and family are back in Lima . " I said. "Oh I see. " he said . "Okay then let me show you where you will be getting your treatment. " he told me . We then went to a treatment room in the cancer facility. We walked in and Dr.Swift said , "Rachel welcome to Chemo Therapy take a seat and we'll be with you in just a moment . " he said . I smiled and sat down in the first seat next to a teenage girl . I took a deep breath , "First time?" The girl asked me . "Yes." I said. "You must be nervous than my name is Emily Rose. " She said. "Nice to meet you Emily my name is Rachel Berry. " I told her . "How old are you? " she asked me . "23 you?" "16."She said . "Wow your really young. " I said. "Yeah but all my friends say I have an old soul." She said. "So Rachel what type is your cancer? " She asked. "Sorry but thats kind of personal. " I said. "Oh well I had Lukemia since I was eleven . " She told me . "Where are your parents ? " I asked alittle annoyed. "Oh my parents are at work . " She said . "Really. " I asked. "Yeah ones a lawyer the others a doctor neither of them really have time . " She said. "So where are you from?" She asked me . "Well I'm from Lima , Ohio but I moved here after graduation. " I said. "What do you do for a living ? " She asked. "I'm a broadway actress. " I said. "Really have I seen you in anreaything? " She asked excited. "Have you ever seen Funny Girl?" I asked. "Yes I love that musical." I smiled , "Well I played Fanny when it was still on." I told her ."No way thats amazing I knew you looked familiar I saw you opening night at your first show. " She told me . "Really ? that's so cool. " I said. She smiled at me and then Dr.Swift came back in . "Okay Rachel are you ready ? " I asked. "Ready as I'll ever be . " I said . "Thats the spirit . So now you might feel some pain but just try to keep yourself distracted . " he said . "Okay." I said . I took a deep breath as they hooked me up to the machine and stuck the needle in my arm. It felt like a million knives were being stabbed into my arm I wanted to cry but instead I took a deep breath and thought of glee club . "You okay Rachel ? " Emily asked me after the doctor left . "Yeah it just hurts . " I said. "I get it but try to think of one person that really makes you smile , I find it helps . " she said . I smiled , "thanks." I said. "No problem . " she said back . "You know you're pretty cool. " I said. "Thanks so are you." She said with a smile .