~Far From Home~

Beginne am Anfang

"No ma'am, the officer we had check on your daughter confirmed she was in the apartment at that time...we also did receive a disturbing call from one of Enrieta's neighbors reporting a domestic violence disturbance..."

"Oh God no...I hope she didn't hurt my grand baby..."

"The officer said that the baby was perfectly fine, just fussy, but for the sake of the child we're hoping nothing more happened both before and after the arrival of law enforcement..."

"Please...if you don't find my daughter I at least need you to find my grand baby and bring her home to me...she's only 3 weeks old, and I don't know what Enrieta could have done with that innocent child." Ivy said crying even harder.

"What's her name?"

"Ivory Lee, she was born June 1st, and by now she should be 3 weeks old!"

"You have any pictures? We need a picture to get her face out there, that's the fastest way we can spread awareness." The detective explains.

"Just this one that my daughter left in that letter..." Ivy says showing the detective the photo of Ivory. "...if possible I want it back after you get copies. It's all I've got left of my granddaughter."

"Don't worry ma'am, we'll make sure you get the photo back, better yet we'll get that baby back to you as soon as we can...hang in there."

"Thank you detective..." Ivy says handing the detective the photo of Ivory.

"Enrieta-Maria...what have you done with my grand baby?"

~~~~~
•••••••••••••
2 years Later
*The Present*
•••••••••••••

Thursday
June 23, 2016
4:45 PM
~~~~~
Central Cemetery

"Oh Enrieta-Maria..." Ivy sighed kneeling beside her daughter's grave.

"You know the reason I still visit you, is because you're my daughter...and I love you..." Ivy sighed.

"Even though you're my daughter and I will always love you, One thing is for sure...I just can't bring myself forgive you for making your own daughter disappear." She said staring at the only picture she had of Ivory.

"She was just a baby Enrieta-Maria...she was 3 weeks old...all you had to do was ask for help, and I would have come, but no...you had to make her disappear and for that I can never forgive you." She sighed leaving yet another rose on Enrieta's grave and walked away.

~~~~~

Ivy shuddered as she left Enrieta-Maria's grave and headed back to her home in Bucharest.

Every year on the anniversary of Ivory's disappearance, Ivy would leave a pink rose every year on Enrieta-Maria's grave.

Never for Enrieta...but for Ivory.

Since Ivory was a June birthday, and the rose was her birth flower, Ivy would always leave a rose in memory of her grand baby.

However she would visit Enrieta-Maria from time to time, but only made it a point to visit twice a year...once on Enrieta's birthday...Once on the day she made Ivory Lee disappear.