Chapter twenty:

Bella and Edward decided to go visit mum. This means I got to hang out more with Paul, without dad constantly on my back. Since Edward and my sister were spending a weekend together I was allowed to spend the weekend with Paul. 

This was great, seeing as the last sleepover we were meant to have, got cut short as Bella decided to jump on some random dude's motorcycle. 

"Hey, I'm going on patrol do you want me to take you to Emily's?"

"Yes, please."

I arrived at Emily's and watched as the rest of the pack left for patrol. "Hey, Sophie."

"Hey, Em. Why are there so many for patrol?"

"Oh, I guess they wanted to do some sort of exercise as a group, like a trusting exercise."

"Oh, neat."

"So you wanna bake some cookies?"

"Emily, I feel like we've gone past this point in our relationship to already know the answer to that question."

She laughed and we got started. 

"Sophie, I told Sam about what you spoke about before. With you turning into a vampire."

"Yeah? What did he say?"

"He said the pack will protect you, no matter what."

"Okay, thank you. I just thought that he should know."

The pack soon came back and Paul seemed to be rather pissed off. "Hey, Soph."

"Hey, guys. Paul? Everything okay?" I waved to Emily with a semi-full load of cookies in my hand, while walking off with Paul's arm over my shoulder. 

"Uh, yeah. Just one of the Cullen's jumped over to our side."

"Why?" I doubt any of them would do it on purpose. Not without a reason.

"Don't worry about it. Come on, let's go make some pizza."

"And cookies," I say grinning like a Cheshire cat. Mmm, more food. I can't wait. 

"You've already got cookies."

"Yeah, but you don't have any cookies."

"Well, what if I just take some of yours?"

"No! Sophie doesn't share food."

This past weekend was fun. Too bad it had to end, Bella came back and to apologise for taking my plane ticket. Fangs over here drove me to school. 

We arrived when Edward seemed rigid. "If I asked you to stay in the car, would you? Of course not." Edward said after both of us Swan girl's exited the car. 

"You really think we would? We're nosy people by nature." I laughed at him. 

The three of us started walking toward the school entrance. Where we saw Jake standing by his bike.

"Hey."

"Hey, Jakey." He gave me a side hug. 

"Charlie said you left town."

"Yeah. To visit my mum. Why?"

"He's checking to see if you're still human."

"Jake, really?" 

"Look I'm here to warn you. If your kind come on our land again."

"Wait. What?"

"You didn't tell her?" Jake looked at both Edward and me.

"Just leave it alone, Jacob."

"Tell me what?"

"Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding. There's nothing to worry about."