Chapter nine:

Today is mine and Bella's birthday. The thing is about our birthday is that Bella doesn't like it. How can someone not like their birthday? It's crazy. But she has this thing about ageing, which is stupid, especially now that she is dating a vampire.

I woke up quite early to dress myself up a little for mine and Bella's birthday.

Dad came into my room and handed me wrapped presents

Dad came into my room and handed me wrapped presents. Excitedly I ripped them open to find the very books I had been craving to have for ages. As well as a stunning Queen vinyl album. To die for I say.

"Thank you so much dad I love them." I gave him a phat hug and he chuckled at my response.

"My pleasure kiddo. Come on let's go give these to your sister."

"I thought she said no presents."

"Mine don't count."

"Hahaha alright come on."

I lead the way into Bella's bedroom, Bella still in bed.

"Happy birthday."

I jumped onto Bella's bed and gave her a massive hug. "Happy birthday big sister." I practically squeezed into her ear. Oh well.

"Happy birthday little sister." Bella a ruffled my hair a bit.

"Hey, not the hair." I say trying to fix it. I had it in fresh curls to give my fit a little more umph.

Bella turned to our dad who was holding her gifts. "I thought we agreed no presents."

"Well the one from me is not wrapped so it doesn't count."

Dad gives Bella a pink camera with a cute pink bow on top. "That's actually great. Thanks dad."

"Uh, it goes with this one from your mum. We coordinated. Well she coordinated me. It's to put your pictures in, from senior year. Senior year. How'd you get so old so fast?"

"I didn't. It's not that old."

"I don't know... is that a grey hair?"

"No. No way."

I shake my head at dad playing his jokes. He smiles at me and gives me a jokey wink and smiles. Bella turns from the mirror that she frantically rushed to and faced me and dad.

Dad puts up his hands. "Happy birthday." And with that he leaves.

"It's really funny." She says sarcastically at me as I'm in a fit of giggles, eventually after about a few minutes I get myself together. I up and follow him and wait downstairs for Bella to get ready.

Once sleepy beauty is ready we head for school.

We rock up to school, Angela, Eric, Mike and Jessica are standing outside their cars. I wave to them as Bella parks the truck.

"Today's the big day girls. 'R and J' essay due?"

"Oh, yeah." Bella and I say simultaneously.

"Wherefore art thou, Sophie?"

I smile at Mike. "I wanna take a picture of you guys. My mum wants me to put together, like a scrapbook full of memories." I go in and stand in between Mike and Eric, they both put their arms around me and I them.

"Oh, good. Cullen's here." Mike is always like this around Edward I honestly don't get why. Mike tried to drag me away from Bella and the approaching Edward, however I simply get out of his hold and walk up next to Bells.

"Do I look more mature Eddie boy?" I say jokingly.

He shakes his head slightly chuckling to himself. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks."

"Don't remind me."

"Bella your birthday is definitely something to celebrate." I nod in agreeing with Edward.

"But my ageing is not." Is she really going to go there right now?

"Your ageing? I think 18 is a little young to start worrying about that."

"It's one year older that you."

"No, it isn't. I'm 109." Jesus Christ he's old.

"Wow. Maybe I shouldn't be dating such an old man. It's gross. I should be thoroughly repulsed."

They start making out and I turn away. "That would make me thoroughly repulsed any day." I mumble.

"We have to go to class."

"Ok."

"Gladly away from you two." Bella and I turn to leave.

"Wait a second. Someone wants you." Bella and I turn to see that Jacob was here.

"Bella, Soph."

"Jacob."

"Hey Jakey." I give him and hug, he returns the hug and I instantly feel that he has grown some muscles.

I decided that for my birthday I wanted to skip, so Jake agreed with me and we decided to hang out together.