The ghoul then walked out of her room towards the hall, her heals echoed in the corridors as she stepped. Most of the children stopped to look at her in amazement so she gave them a small smile and continued on her way to the seat next to the captain. That was until she saw a familiar looking kid waiting patiently beside Levi.

"Helena?" Kaya questioned as she approached.

"Kaya!" She girl smiled and wrapped her arms around the ghouls torso. Kaya hadn't seen Helena since the Stohess incident, she was glad that Historia and her team found her and she was safe in the orphanage.

"Wow, you've gotten stronger since I last saw you." Kaya complimented.

"I've been training to become strong just like you." The child beamed.

"You'll get there in no time." The ghoul smiled.

"Why are you here?" Asked Helena.

"Don't tell anyone, but I'm on a top secret mission." Kaya whispered.

"Really?" The girls eyes lit up. "Are you going to capture the people who want to stab you?" She asked innocently.

Kaya tilted her head. "Did I hear that right?" She asked Helena.

The girl nodded her head. "The big people said you can catch swords, so they want to try again." Helena explained.

Kaya looked over to Levi who also looked shocked to be hearing this. "It's been lovely talking to you Helena, but I have to talk about the secret mission. I'll visit you when we get back." The ghoul watched as Helena ran over to a group playing catch.

"Well, I guess now we know where the squad stand with the whole ghoul thing." Kaya muttered loud enough for Levi to hear.

"So what, if they stab you then it's their blade that gets broken. Didn't you say you weren't going to hide it anymore?" He countered.

"That was until I found out they planned to stab me." She loudly whispered.

Before Levi could reply, the rest of the squad stood around the table. Most of the male members of the squad were staring at her in awe, it was true that the dress did make her look more stunning and ladylike, but she never expected it to have this much of an effect on how people saw her.

"You guys planning on catching flies?" Kaya rolled her eyes.

"Now that we're all here, we'll head to the underground and carry out the plan." Said Levi as the scouts walked towards the exit of the orphanage.

It didn't take them long to get to a stairwell to the underground, most of the scouts looked frightened of what lurked below them. However the two who originated from there were amused by how scared the squad was. Kaya was first to take the step down to her old home, followed by Levi and the team.

When they reached the bottom of the staircase, they were surrounded by darkness, with the occasional streetlight giving off a yellow glow. The air wasn't as fresh as it was above ground, it mostly smelt like smoke, both from cigarettes and from all the candles used to light the streets. Kaya was finally home, many would assume that she would have been hasty to go back to where she suffered for many years, but Kaya enjoyed revisiting her past, it gave her more understanding of herself.

"Well, let's get this ball rolling." Kaya pulled Mikasa's hand and led her to a local pub. The bar was well known for sketchy behaviour, any people who went there were either too poor to go to a better place or were looking for trouble. The scouts however fell into the trouble searching category, aiming to get kidnapped and bring down the trafficking organisation.