18

Kammy's Pov

I was in my room, putting together the things I wanted to show Kaima . We were all going to see her today and I was really happy.

I decided I was going to tell her about my incident ,as subtle as I could. She was going to be broken because I kept it from her, but I was going to anyway.

'Kammy'. I Looked to see Kay poke his head in ,before he knocked softly. 'Can I come in?'

'You know the question and you poking your head into my room was actually supposed to come right after the knock, not the other way around'. I muttered dryly as I kept packing up my bag.

'Yeah I'm sorry' . He said as he came in , shutting the door.

'What do you want'? . I asked without looking at him.

'I came to apologize Kamara. I've done a lot, I've caused nothing but hurt to you these past months and the worse was that particular incident, if I wasn't so selfish, it never would have happened-

' It's okay Kay'. I tried stopping him as I saw tears well up in his eyes, causing mine to do same.

' No it's not okay Kamara and you know it. That was the reason why you were so cold towards me, I was supposed to be a brother, someone who was meant to protect you, but I ended up being who you wanted to stay away from. I'm sorry Kamara'. He croaked out going for a kneel ,but I quickly held him up before he reached the ground.

'Don't do that Kay, please'. I begged as the tears dropped down my cheeks.

'I know you said there was nothing I could do to make it up to you, but there should be something I can do, please Kammy'. He pleaded. I shook my head as the tears kept falling.

'You can't make it up to me Kay, not today, not ever. I really wish you could but there's nothing you can do to change what happened because it has already happened.' I said softly.

' I would do anything'.

' Don't make promises you can't keep Kay, you've apologized and that's enough'.

'But you said no matter how many times I apologized-

'I said, that was then.' I stated interrupting him. 'Now I'm saying that it's enough'.

Before I could turn back to what I was doing, he pulled me into his chest wrapping his arms around me . He noticed I didn't return his hug because my hands stayed still at my sides. He was about to pull away , but I circled my own arms around his waist before he could do so.

A sob escaped my throat as I shut my eyes letting my tears soak his shirt. I missed him so much.

'I missed you sis'. He said to me with a sigh as he kept rubbing my back with him palms. I couldn't reply so I hugged him tighter in response.

*******************

Kay and I got into Kaima's room to see Sarah and her brother Micah to our surprise.

'What are you doing here Micah?'. Kay asked smiling going in for a bro hug. I hugged Sarah also.

'We heard about Kaima'. She said.

'We've been out of the state for a while. We just got back and saw if we could check up'. Micah added , they both didn't even know what I had gone through. I know Sarah and I were friends but she wasn't close enough for her to know about what happened. She and Kaima were closer.

'Thanks for stopping by'. Kay appreciated. I nodded in response before turning towards Kaima. She was already staring right at me, it was like she knew there was something she should know.