10 (Always left in the dark)

Kay's Pov

         I can't believe she sent me out of her room. I turned back to face the door when I heard sniffing sounds. She was crying again. I felt bad cause I knew I had wronged her, in so many ways. Even the one's I knew nothing about.

      Making my way to towards Kaima's room which was beside hers, I slammed the door open without knocking.

     ' There's something called knocking' I heard her say from were she lay flat on her bed. I looked around. She was so different from Kaima despite them being twins.

    The wall of her room was sky blue with little dots of white all over it. While Kamara's room was plain, hers were filled with quotes, poems and bible verses all over.

       ' You don't just come into people's room to stand' she said snapping me out of my thoughts.

       'Something is wrong with Kamara' I told her.

      'Uh...too slow' she groaned quietly. 'We've established that already. You should be saying and asking how to find out what'.

      'She isn't telling me anything. Even if she says something, it's not straight forward enough to pin it in' I said.

    ' I'm going to meet her' she said getting up from her bed.

      Moving towards the small couch in her room, I lay down. When she was almost out of the door I stopped her.

    'Just so you know, she threw me out'.

She snapped her head towards me.

    'You could have said that while I was still sitting'. She said glaring at me. She made her way back to her bed. ' So she threw you out?'

      'Well , more like showed me the way out' I replied looking towards the ceiling with my hands behind my head

  ' What's that supposed to mean?' she asked.

    'She opened the door and stared at me, like she expected me to know what to do. And I actually did know what to do'. I told her sitting up.

    'Wow, that must have hurt'

'Of course it did. She's never done that before. She doesn't even look like the Kammy I know. She looks......dead' I said , whispering the last part.

    'Watch your mouth, that's my twin sister'.

    ' I'm just saying the truth. The painful part is mom and dad are even to busy with their arranged marriage to even notice this' I muttered in frustration.

    ' No, they've noticed it. They are  choosing to ignore it'.  She said.

    ' That's even worse. Dave and he's parents are  going to be here this evening' .

    'What?!' she yelled

'Shhh' I whispered quickly glancing at the door.

     ' Don't shut me up. You haven't told her have you?' She asked, already knowing the answer.

     'I—

' Shhhhhhh' she cut me off gesturing with her hands to stop talking. ' Of course I know you haven't told her. Now you wonder why she doesn't trust you anymore' . She pointed out.

     'I can't just tell her, she's not in the mood to hear that' I told her.

     Kaima shook her head slightly.  'Telling her even though she can't do anything about it is better than just waking up to strangers in her house'

    'They aren't exactly strangers you know. They've met before. I told her

    'Not the point Kay. Be serious' she said with a slight frown.

    'Okay well even if I don't, mom and dad will still let her know before they arrive ' I said.

     'Do you hear yourself? You want to let what happened happen again. So she'll tell you again that you knew and didn't tell her?' Kaima asked in disbelief.

     'Okay that's true' I replied.

   ' It doesn't concern you if they will still let her know, just do your part as her brother and let things get better between you both'. Kaima said before sighing.

       She moved towards the backrest of her bed. I noticed her face twist in slight pain. I looked at her  and noticed she looked pale and tired. She caught me staring.

     'What?' she asked in annoyance. She hated when people observed her.

     'Are you okay?' I asked.

  'Meaning?' she asked in response.

  'What is it'? I asked again.

'And what are you talking about?' she countered back.

     Getting up from the couch I moved towards her. I stopped at her front staring hard at her.

     I hope it wasn't what I was thinking , I thought to myself as I grabbed her arm, raising the sleeve of her shirt up up.

    'What are you doing, don't touch me!' she yelled trying to snatch her arm away.

     Dropping her left arm, I grabbed the other , scanning it with my eyes.

     And sure enough, there was a bruise there.

                        ********

        ' Kammy should not know' Kaima continued to plead with me. We were in my room this time around because I angrily left hers.

        'Are you even listening to me? Kay?'

     'What Kaima? How do you expect me not to tell her. Don't you know how I feel for betraying her already,?' I asked in frustration.

    'Come on Kay, at least not now'. She begged.

     'But we'll tell mom and dad—

   'No!, I mean no. I promise the next time I see another I'll say something' she told me.

     'Ugh' I groaned. ' I really don't like this but fine. But why don't you guys tell me anything?' I asked looking towards where she stood at the door.

    'I don't know' she replied before turning to leave.

      'Kaima' I called out.

   'Yes' she stared back at me.

  'Please be okay' I whispered softly.

She smiled weakly ' I'll try to'. I nodded slowly.

     ' Don't forget to tell Kammy about tonight' she said before the door went shut.

     Sighing quietly, I looked towards my desk where there was a photo of Kamara, Kaima and me.

     I smiled sadly seeing how bright Kamara's smile was. I realized  both my sister's were falling apart. I needed to do something , I just didn't know what.