Chapter 1

Fleetwood Mac fizzles out and goes their own ways after The Dance. Ten years later, Stevie and Lindsey unexpectedly cross paths again through their children. Set in 2007.

Spring 2007

Stevie tapped the end of her pen repeatedly onto her notepad, creating a beat while trying to rack her brain and figure out what she could possibly be forgetting. Decorations, games, party favors, balloons...more pool floats? She should probably get more pool floats. Maybe she could even find something to go with the theme. Why was planning kid's birthday parties so stressful?

"Mom?" her daughter's voice from across the counter broke her thoughts.

"Yeah, honey?" She sighed looking up.

"Can I invite boys to my party?"

Stevie looked at her daughter with a raised eyebrow, "Boys?"

Lily rolled her eyes, "Yes, mom, boys. I am going to be 8, you know."

Oh god, Stevie wasn't ready for all this to begin, "Sweetie, I thought we were inviting your whole class? Of course the boys would be included."

"Not from my class, there's a couple boys from music lessons that I want to invite."

"Oh?"

Stevie had been sending her daughter to music school for a year now for piano, guitar, and singing lessons. The two of them loved to play together, and Stevie wanted her daughter to get as much creative time as possible with kids her own age too. She certainly wasn't pushing her into pursuing a music career, but wanted her to grow up with music all around her and feel connected to her mom.

"Mommmm," Lily whined, "It's just two boys from music school. They're my friends!"

"I didn't say no!" Stevie scoffed, "Of course you can invite them, honey."

Lily did a happy dance and ran around the kitchen, Stevie's brows now fully raised. She thought she had a few more years until the boy craze started. This was the first she'd heard of Lily having such close boy friends from music school, she made a mental note to keep an eye and ear on that as she finished sealing the last of the invitation envelopes.

~One Month Later~

Lindsey took a deep breath in the midst of all the chaos surrounding him. His oldest two children, William and Leelee, chased each other around the living room while his youngest, Stella, threw her toys in a fit of hysteria. There were toys, shoes, and random pieces of clothing littered across the entire living room - adding further to Lindsey's stress levels as he tried to tune it all out.

"LINDSEY," his wife Kristen yelled from upstairs.

"What?"

"Can you please get Stella dressed, we're running so late I'm never going to make it to the lesson on time."

Lindsey rolled his eyes, "Kit, I'm supposed to be in the studio by now."

"Lindsey, it is SATURDAY. I NEED YOUR HELP," she screamed back.

He sighed and scooped up Stella, heading upstairs to her room to get her dressed. At three years old, she was probably the most likely to listen to him in the house these days. It wasn't that he didn't love his family, of course he did, but he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss the freedom and creativity that came from his life prior to all of this. He tried to spend much of his time in the studio, and he usually succeeded, but the truth was that after Fleetwood Mac ended, he didn't have enough excuses to spend all his time in the studio anymore.

Nearly ten years had somehow gone by since he'd last been with the band following the '98 Grammy Awards after The Dance tour and reunion. The tour had been so fun for all five of the members, but it also quickly reopened floodgates of past drama and tensions, namely between he and Stevie, of course. The two of them rekindled their romance during the tour, but things soon got messy and ended with Lindsey expecting his first child with his new girlfriend Kristen.

Once he shared the news, Stevie made the decision that it was time for them all to let Fleetwood Mac go and enter this new chapter of their lives. Unsurprisingly, the McVie's agreed with her, while Mick and Lindsey protested. Three against two won, and the band dissolved out on a permanent hiatus. All things considered, they parted on relatively good terms, minus a few fights and lingering tension. They talked about reuniting years later, but naturally that never ended up happening. Though he hadn't spoken to any of them in years, Lindsey couldn't deny that he still thought about it all the time. And especially her.

"Lindsey?" Kristen peeked her head in the room, interrupting his thoughts.

"She's ready," he announced, looking down at Stella in her tiny equestrian outfit.

"Great. Look, you're going to need to take Will to that birthday party, I'm not going to have time to drop him on the way, we're so late."

"Birthday party? Kristen, I really do not have the time today, I've gotten nothing done this week."

"Lindsey, you're working on your own solo stuff...you're not really on a deadline. Plus, you don't have to stay, just drop him off and make sure the parents don't seem like serial killers."

He scoffed, "Is there something specific I should be looking out for in that department?"

"I'm sure you'll figure it out," she rolled her eyes, "The gift is downstairs on the counter. It's a girl from music school, Lily."

"Fine. Is the address down there?"

"Yeah, oh and you have to pick up his friend Joey on the way."

Lindsey closed his eyes, silently screaming in his head as she disappeared through the doorway with Stella. This was fine, he would simply drop the kids off at the party and come back to spend the day in his studio, no big deal, just a minor delay.

As he pulled into the driveway of the massive home, even he had to admit he was impressed. In the backseat, the boys ogled over the huge house and yard, placing bets on how big the pool was going to be.

"Who is this girl again?" Lindsey asked as they stepped out of the car.

"Lily from music school. She's actually cool, like the only cool girl," Will explained to his dad as they headed towards the front door.

"The only cool girl," Lindsey raised his brow questioningly, "I see."

As they rang the bell, Lindsey heard the loud sounds and screams of laughter coming from the backyard. He typically got out of birthday party duty, and was seriously relieved he wasn't expected to stay for this one. A few seconds later, the door swung open and Lindsey swore he saw his entire life flash before his eyes at the sight. It couldn't possibly be.

Her long blonde hair blew back in the tiny gust of wind created by the door swinging open so suddenly. She was practically glowing, she wore a long black dress with sheer, billowy sleeves that flowed out around her and her hair fell in loose waves. That same familiar gold moon necklace sat nestled in her cleavage that he couldn't help but notice was hoisted up and peeking out from the neckline of her dress.

"And who do we have here!" She grinned widely, her eyes immediately going to the two young boys that stood in front of her, completely missing the man that accompanied them.

"I'm Will and this is Joey," Will announced.

"Oh, YOU'RE the famous Will and Joey from music class," Stevie grinned from ear to ear. As she looked up to the man standing behind them, she nearly fainted.

Lindsey stood frozen as he watched the woman in front of him gasp as her eyes met his with shock. For a second, they could both feel everything around them completely stop - the noises all suddenly quiet, the running children not even registering anymore - just his blue eyes melding into her brown eyes in what felt like a complete daze.

"Lin...Lindsey," she managed to whisper out, her throat completely dry now. 

--

Hi! Welcome to my new story. It's a little different, and this is a bit of a slow start as I'm trying to set the scene for all that's to come. Let me know your thoughts? x