twenty-three! here comes the son!

may fourteenth, 2003

gracie's fit in weston's: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/661958845233127853/

grac

gracie's pov: 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧༺♥༻∞ 

me, rory, and mom were sitting at weston's while mom and rory were looking through books about their trip to europe. "where's the lady's room? more coffee, please. does antonio banderas live near here?" mom suggested when going over what they need to know in spanish. "we do not need to know how to say does antonio banderas live near here." rory replied. "oh yes we do." mom replied. "when we're in spain, we need to know how to say, does antonio banderas live near here?" when in France, does johnny depp live near here?". mom added. "you know gracie, you look like me, yet my ways are completely lost on you. come on, honey, put that down. you've been studying all day." mom suggested. "i physically can't. i have finals coming up." i replied. "i know you have finals coming up, but you also have a piece of pie sitting there that you've been completely ignoring." mom pointed out. "just let me get to the end of this chapter." i offered. "oh, fine. how important do you think it is to be able to say, "help, i'm bleeding from the head?" mom asked. "just bring the phrasebooks." rory suggested. "no. if we learn all the phrases we need, then the phrasebooks are one less thing we have to lug around." mom replied. "we will never be able to learn all the phrases in every language that we're going to need. bring the books." rory pointed out. "we can learn enough. plus, doesn't everybody speak english over there anyway?" mom questioned. "ugly american, party of one." i said. "fine, we'll bring the books." mom replied. "five minutes for pie!" i exclaimed. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧༺♥༻∞ 

the next morning was the first day of finals, where i was already dressed and ready, even though my mom was sneaking around making sure she wouldn't wake me or rory. "hi!" i exclaimed, sitting down at the kitchen table. "jeez!" mom said, jumping. "i've been sneaking around here like an idiot trying not to wake you up." mom added. "i've been up for hours." i told her. "why? did you have a bad dream? the one where you finally meet christiane amanpour and she's really stupid?" mom asked. "no, i realized last night that at this rate, i will never finish all the work i have to do." i replied. "what work?" mom asked. "what work?" i repeated. here's the list! study for the rest finals, senior breakfast, senior awards, organize a new student government, and convince paris to give up the student gavel, and valedictorian speech." i replied. "oh, and i forgot - man the yearbook distribution table this afternoon at the stupid senior palooza. unbelievable." i added. "well, i'll be manning the booster club grad night table at the same time, so we can feel stupid and abused together." mom suggested. "i can't finish all this and sleep at the same time." i replied. "you have to sleep, it's what keeps you pretty." mom replied. "who cares if i'm pretty if i fail my finals?" i asked.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧༺♥༻∞ 

i ended up acing all my finals but then mom told me jess was gone. gone? gone where? with who? no nothing? he tells me he loves me and then just vaishes. bullshit.