twenty! the new half-sister

january thirty-first, 2003

gracie's pov:

 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧༺♥༻∞

i was in english class hardly awake, when i got a phone call. "turn that phone off please." mr. medina said. "sorry." i replied, turning off my phone. i got another call exactly after that. "take it, but be right back." mr medina said. "thank you." i said, leaving the room. "hello?" "grace, hi, listen. i just got the call and,  hold on a sec. i'll call him back. i'm back, sorry. where was i?" someone said from the other line. "who is this?" i asked. "maureen rollins, sherry's friend." maureen said. i replied, "oh, yes, uh, right, maureen, i'm sorry, i -" "don't worry about it. listen, i know the invitation said that we were all gathering at the c-section next week, but sherry just went into labor." maureen stated. "what?" i asked. "she screwed up, she's in labor, and she wanted me to call all the girls and beg them to get down to the hospital ASAP." maureen stated. "oh." i replied. "can you come?" she asked, "well, i'm actually done with school now. i could grab a train and," "that would be the best, the absolute best. you are a great kid. she's at Boston Memorial. i will meet you there. listen, i have graydon carter on the other line. bye!" maureen said hanging up the phone. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧༺♥༻∞

rory and i got to the hospital and maureen explained to us that she had to leave and we were the only ones there. we got into sherry's room, and she complained to us soon she was in the room, where me and rory followed her. mom finally got here and we praised her for it. and dad got there where my night went downhill. he just acted like i wasn't there. it hurt. i hate to say it. but i got to see my new sister, i guess.