Hybrid.

Not my art, not sure who the artist is. Credit where credit is due.
Look at him though! So cute.

Not fully proof read, as I am sleepy and have to work tonight.

"I know it hurts but perhaps getting another pet would help. It has been a few years since you last had one, Y/n-san." The voice of your old roommate and closest friend helps soothe you in times like this. When it hurts to remember your beloved pet.

"I don't know..." Looking at their old toys that you just couldn't bring yourself to throw or give away. You kept them in a box, locked away, only bringing them out on very rare occasions.

"I'm telling you, it will help you heal, just give it a try. I know a pet shop owner, he only gives his pets to good homes. He'll take care of you, and if things don't work out, he'll even take them back." Listening to your peer, you sighed, saying you'd think it over before hanging up.

Looking at the box, you caressed a random toy before putting everything away. Maybe it really is time. It's been long enough, and there is always an animal in need of a good home, love, and affection. It's best to sleep on it before jumping into something new. Heading down from the attic, you got ready for the night. Showering, brushing your teeth, etc.

Another dreamless night came and went, day breaks, bringing with it the sun's warm, birds singing. The hustle and bustle of daily life, groaning, you covered your head with your pillow. "It's too early for this..."

"It's never too early for an adventure." Came the voice of your cohort. Yelping and falling out of your bed, limbs entangled in f/c sheets. Your eyes widened, "what the hell are you doing here?!"

Leaning over the edge of the bed, to get a better look at your disheveled self. Laughter, carefree and cheeky was the only answer you were given for a solid minute. "You're supposed to be on the otherside of the freakin planet!" L/n mutters, trying to calm down.

"You should have seen your face! Man, that was priceless! I'm so glad I took that earlier flight." Giving you a devilish grin, they spoke again, "I wanted to surprise you, I know how sappy you get around this time of the year. Especially when you're alone, which is all the time you people hater."

E/c gems glared at your companion, "I am not a people hater. That implies that I have to care about them enough to do so. There are individuals that I do like, that's good enough for me."

"You're right, my mistake. Let me guess, I'm not one of them right now." Y/n chucked a pillow at their head, smacking the early riser right in the face. "What gave it away..."

After an hour of just chewing the fat, you got cleaned up, dressed for the day, and skipped breakfast. Which, of course, led to your old roommate nagging at you about your eating habits. It went through one ear right out the other. Knowing this, they decided to drag you to a cute cafe, that just so happens to be connected to the pet shop they mentioned last night on the phone.

Walking in, a bell chimed, and a middle-aged woman came out to greet you both. The place was nice, set up like any other animal cafe you might run into in Japan. "Two for breakfast, and my friendo here would like to see some of the babies."

"Alright, I'll get you both some menus, have a seat anywhere you'd like. You two are our first customers of the day." Thanking the hostess, you took up a seat, with your friend sitting across from you. "So, how's your love life?"