Pretty Mate.

First of all, this is not my art but it is nice. It is the picture that inspired this short story. Credit where credit is due. Whoever you are, keep up the good work!

FF/N = Fake Friend's Name.

Y/n has been running for a good twenty minutes, the adrenaline in their body seemed never-ending as their life is in danger, or is it? Heavy pants slipped from slightly moist and chewed on lips, their owner glanced around. A chill creeps along their spine as they attempted to scan for enemies. No one is there but something is, L/n can feel it, feel it deep within their soul.

This rocky terrain is the perfect place for him, his scales and softer flesh blends in nicely to all surroundings making it harder for friends or foe to find him. Not that the creature had any friends, not until a human stumbled across his path one day. It was the strangest thing really, hadn't you noticed all the signs? Clearly, this area has been closed off, marked up. Did your little nose not smell his scent all over the place?

A clawed hand reached up to scratch the leafy fur that clung to his neck, collarbone, and flowed to the middle of his back that helps to protect the soft palish-pink skin that lies underneath. Beautifully messy locks, long and silken, swayed as the wind blows. Garnet hues narrowed as they watched Y/n's every move. What could they be doing down there? Are they lost?

Thought the creature while observing you, making sure you didn't go too far into its domain. Normally this beast would kill anything that came into its territory outside of his usual mating season. During that time he didn't care as much, as the sunny furred mammal-like reptile would be looking for a mate. Sadly, one was never found. Little reminders like these often plagued his mind.

Your nose twitched a bit as a faint scent was picked up by the wind. It was the same scent you have been smelling all day, it was hard to ignore this time, as it smelled fresher, closer. Quickly looking around, nothing seemed out of place from the first time you checked. Trying to slow down your racing heart, you closed your tired e/c-eyes.

Panicking like this isn't going to help. There has to be a way to get back home, back to a road of any kind! Ugh, why did all of this have to happen? If those damn frat boys didn't chase me out here, no, if FF/N hadn't dragged me along for this damn camping trip. Knowing damn well what they were planning to do to me, to us both! That stupid bitch!

So many ifs but at the end of the day, your eyes traveled over the slightly illuminated desert landscape. None of it matters because those ifs didn't happen and I'm stuck out here anyway.

Your thoughts were darker than the fading rays of sunlight, darkness was taking over the world even more. With every passing second, you felt more and more despair, lost, hungry, and most likely not alone. You had no idea what could or would happen to you out here. "Alright guys, you win, I'm sorry for not giving in to your advances, please come out. I know you're out there."

No reply came. Y/n sighed, looking up at the sky, what were you to do if no one came for you? While you didn't want to be their plaything, you also didn't want to die in the middle of nowhere. Your phone is useless as you were pushed into water earlier and it was soaked.

Almost floppy, and pierced, ears twitched, the sound of your voice grabbed the predator's attention, not like your scent didn't already have it but still. A mixture of fear, adrenaline, and your nature smell all swirling together. It was tantalizing, almost to the point of making this apex creature drool.

Closer, I have to get closer to them. They don't smell dangerous at all... Crouching down, crawling on all fours, ears up, his antlers were just barely hidden. Glittering red irises were half-lidded to keep them as covered as possible while still keeping an eye on your shivering frame. You just smelled and sounded so damn delicious, better than anything he had ever heard, smelled, and probably tasted.