(Chapter 58) One Cured, One Cursed

Start from the beginning

I cup her head with my hand and bring her closer so that our foreheads touch. "It's okay, I'm okay. We're okay. I won't go after Zane just let"

"Thank you. And, I'll remove the chain" She says shakily. She breaks the spell and I instantly cup her head with both my hands a pull her in for a kiss.

She melts into it and soon it turns into a full make out. Against the wall of this cave. While I'm covered in bruises. So romantic. Till the moment is broken as I jolt in pain cause of Lucinda getting a little to adventurous with her hands and sliding over a nasty cut.

"Ouch!"

"I'm sorry" She says and we both start laughing, enjoying what little moment we have right now.

"I love you" I say, keeping her face close.

"I love you too. Let hold still" She says as she gets up and picks up an empty bottle from the shelf, dipping it in the cauldron, filling it. "I need you to drink this"

"What does it do?" I ask as I take it.

"Nothing I just need you to tell me how it tastes"

"I can't really taste anything right now"

"Oh right, hold still" She says as she places the bottle down and brings a bowl of water over.

"Sisenikordyh" She casts and the water rises, goes up both my nostrils and down out my mouth, coming out a mucky red. "Better"

I take a quick stuff and swallow some spit. "Yep"

"Good, now drink" She says quickly as she dives the bottle in my mouth. I take a swig but have to really force it down. "How'd it taste?"

"Like burnt socks"

"Good, first try" She says as she gets back up and goes over to the table. Adding a sprinkle of, something with a dash of, something else. And, an Emerald.

"Where'd you get that?" I ask.

"You're pocket, you're lucky this thing is still in one piece considering all the damage upstairs"

"Yeah, that fight was rough"

"Here" Lucinda says as the emerald disappears and the potion starts to glow. "Drink"

I take a swig but from the look on Lucinda's face I can tell it's not enough. I quickly down the rest and Lucinda takes hold of my chin, examining my eyes.

"How do they look?"

"No longer emerald green"

"Soooo?"

"So either the potion failed and the timing was very coincidental or it worked and you're back to normal. Only one way to tell. Try..."

Lucinda P.O.V (Cave Lab)

"Meow" Looking down I spot a familiar black cat nuzzling up next to me.

"YES!" I shout, picking her up and cuddling her close while twirling on the spot.

Before I can think another thought, I'm suddenly flopped onto the ground with a.

Thud!

"Ouch" I chuckle out, opening my eyes to see her panther as well.

"Thank you" She says, shifting back into human form and kissing me deeply.

"Wait wait, aren't you still injured?" I protest, pushing her lips off mine.

"Yep, really hurts" She says with a joyous, cheerful smile that if I didn't know any better, I'd think she wasn't injured at all.

"Okay, lie down" I chuckle as I gently help her to the ground, then lean over her and begin using healing magic.