"Are you looking for them?" Hè ChengYu poured them each a cup of tea.

"I thought we could get together. I don't know if we'll be able to meet after the exam." Jiang HuaiQing took a sip from his tea cup and said, "It's good tea."

"If we pass the exam, we'll work together as officials for Da Huan, and we'll see each other often." Hè ChengYu looked down at the tea leaves floating in his cup. Those two looked to be in high positions. It wasn't likely they were exam candidates.

"Is ChengYu Xiong trying to say we'll meet again if we're destined? At any rate, I ran into something and I stopped by to see if ChengYu Xiong can help me." Jiang HuaiQing opened his book and pointed at several places. "Here, here, and here. I thought about it for a few days, but I still don't understand."

Hè ChengYu took a closer look and began to discuss his thoughts.

The two talked for a while, and Jiang HuaiQing suddenly realized, "So that's it. It turns out I misunderstood."

"HuaiQing's interpretation is unique. I wonder if it's possible to ask who you studied under?"

The two had met on the way to the capital. One was from a noble family, and the other was from a humble family, but they unexpectedly shared the same interests. When they found out they were headed to the same destination, they decided to travel together.

Jiang HuaiQing wasn't guarded against people, and it didn't take long before Hè ChengYu learned basic information about him. In return, Hè ChengYu told Jiang HuaiQing some things about himself.

The more time they spent together, the more Hè ChengYu was taken aback by the level of Jiang HuaiQing's learning. By no means was this young man inferior to himself. Hè ChengYu understood his own situation. He was trained by his family, but Jiang HuaiQing was just an ordinary student from a poor family. The only person who could have helped Jiang HuaiQing break through the barriers of his background was the one who taught him.

"My teacher..." Jiang HuaiQing suddenly fell silent.

For an instant, Jiang HuaiQing's expression changed dramatically. Then he quickly reverted back to the familiar person Hè ChengYu knew.

"Just an ordinary old man. If Teacher hadn't picked me up from the ice and snow, I probably wouldn't be able to stand here now."

Hè ChengYu felt stunned. He had no idea it involved such a painful story. "Sorry, I didn't know...."

"It's all right." Jiang HuaiQing waved his hand carelessly. "I never mentioned it. ChengYu Xiong, don't blame me for not saying anything before."

A little distracted, Jiang HuaiQing picked up his book and said goodbye.

Hè ChengYu watched him go back to his room, then slowly lowered his eyes. He shouldn't have been so rude today.

Jiang HuaiQing closed the doors and windows of his room and sat on the bed. After a long time, he rubbed his face. The most important thing was the exam. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to do anything for Teacher.

To give the scholars the best environment to prepare for the exam, Yingxing House, which had a lot of exam candidates staying there, suspended entertainment activities.

As the date approached, the streets and alleys weren't as lively as before.

The chill of early spring had passed, and the weather gradually warmed. Shen Yu still wore heavy layers. Every day his room was kept warm.

Mu Xi and Meng Gonggong, who served them closely, had switched to lighter clothes. So did Shang JunLin.

"Does Your Majesty think it's too hot inside?" Shen Yu saw that Shang JunLin was wearing light outer clothes, as were the palace servants waiting in the room. It was only himself who was still dressed in thick winter robes.