Chapter 41

I give and I give and I give and you take

Give and you take

"How dare you say my daughter is capable of such an atrocity!" Mr. Yaoyorozu railed. "She wouldn't hurt a soul in any way! She's going to be one of the greatest heroes ever, and you're sitting here trying to tell me that my beloved daughter did something so heinous to a fellow classmate? What in the hell is wrong with you people!"

"Dear," Mrs. Yaoyorozu broke in trying to calm her husband. "Calm down." She then turned to Principal Nezu and spoke calmly and evenly.

"Principal Nezu, surely you understand that what you're saying could easily harm any chances for my daughter to complete her training as a hero. Not only that, but could bring a blight to the Yaoyorozu name and our company, holdings and charitable works."

"Yes. I realize that these accusations could very well do such," Nezu responded, "however, there's no way to deny that your daughter was involved in something so sinister on school grounds. It is my duty to investigate the situation as well as carry out any justice as a result of that investigation. You wouldn't want my reputation, as well of that of Yuuei High School, to be questioned as to our policy toward heroes-in-training, would you?"

"Of course not," Mrs. Yaoyorozu conceded, "but you also must realize what your accusations mean to our daughter."

"I don't think you have anything other than this recording," Mr. Yaoyorozu said angrily. "I also believe that this L/N made up a story to gain the sympathy of her classmates to win a boy in her class she found attractive when she knew she didn't have a chance with him. Isn't that right, Momo?" Mr. Yaoyorozu had asked a question of his daughter while looking in her direction. Shinso knew this would be his moment and prepared himself accordingly.

"Of cour-."

"Tell the truth, Yaoyorozu," Shinso's distorted voice compelled. He could see Yaoyorozu fighting against his order so he repeated himself. "Tell your parents the truth, Yaoyorozu."

"I-I...I'm sorry Mother. I'm sorry Father. What they say is true. I beat that fat bitch to keep her away from my precious Todoroki-kun. They were getting too close to each other. Phone calls, text messages, shared jokes in class. It made me so mad! The battle against the third years gave me the opening I needed to cause more damage to that fat body of hers that no one would question, but I didn't count on Aizawa-sensei coming to the dorm that night. I didn't count on any of it. I just wanted my Todoroki-kun to see me again. He began to ignore me, so I wanted to remove anything that would get his attention."

"But that wasn't all of it," Shinso prompted. "Was it?"

"No," Yaoyorozu's robotic responses began again. "I had to hurt L/N because I had been leading Todoroki-kun to see only me instead of the other students. I had been from the beginning of our relationship. I made a mistake of getting caught doing it and was quickly brought to task over it by Todoroki-kun. I was forced to find another way to separate him from L/N because I'd foolishly mentioned the reason I was keeping him away from the other students was because I feared for other girls hurting him like his mother did. It was because I had no other recourse I came up with the idea to beat it into L/N that she had no chance with Todoroki-kun and she should stay away."

When Shinso released Yaoyorozu from his influence, the first thing that came to mind was to take a shower. His skin was crawling from the amount of bullshit that spewed from the mouth of the girl that was at one time considered the Princess of Class 1-A by many of his classmates. If they had any inkling of what this petty little girl had done to the girl they'd all begun to think of as the most friendly and caring of Class 1-A, they'd find her, tie her down to keep her from being able to use her quirk and immediately request she be sent to Tartarus.