Chapter 34

Youngblood

Say you want me/Say you want me

Out of your life

Friday rolled around and Yaoyorozu couldn't be more happy. She'd gotten the most beautiful blue sequined dress from the high end boutique her mother had taken her to, lovely blue chunk heels that matched the dress perfectly, a sapphire bracelet, necklace and earring set and a pair of matching clips for her hair. She'd even gotten a new scent to wear that they felt appropriate to the occasion.

Walking into class she could barely contain her excitement for the evening dinner. It was as if Endeavor knew of her desires to wed his youngest boy and wanted the announcement to be made as soon as possible by making sure her family was in attendance. She was imagining how the conversation would go; who would live where, if they'd purchase a new home between the two families to allow equal access, the acceptable amount of children, and when the wedding should be held, the finer points of said wedding to be handled later. She was so giddy with excitement she didn't notice everyone else in the room, and because of that she didn't see a certain red-head practically bouncing in his seat.

"What the hell is wrong with you, shitty hair?" Bakugo thundered. As much as his face showed annoyance, his voice betrayed the confusion and interest he held.

"I can't say, Bakubro," Kirishima answered with a huge shark-toothed smile. "I know something, but I just can't say anything because its supposed to be a surprise!"

"What surprise?" Tokoyami asked, Dark Shadow clinging to his shoulder with the same interest.

"There's a surprise?!" Mina shouted. "What is it? Tell me! Tell me!"

"If he told you it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?" Jiro mentioned casually.

"Can you give us a hint, man?" Kaminari begged.

"Ith it bigger than a bread boxth?" Mineta lisped out.

"Animal, vegetable or mineral?" Uraraka asked, her hands clamped together in anticipation.

"Hey! Extras!" Bakugo barked. "Get back!"

"You all should get in your seats for the start of class!" Iida's familiar command sounded through the room along with it's accompanying hand chop.

"You really should listen to your class rep!" a voice sounded through the doorway. Everyone's head whipped around to see their overly tired homeroom teacher standing in the doorway. Instantly, everyone snapped to and flew to their seats as if they were already in it.

"Took you a bit longer to get quiet. I don't know if I should reward that with what I have with me, though." With that statement, everyone's attention was pulled to the front of the class, no looking around. Just as Aizawa was about to speak, the door to the classroom slid open to reveal a disheveled Todoroki.

It was a very strange day indeed for the bi-colored teen to come to class late, but even more so for him to be so unkempt. His hair had a bit of the red side coiled into what could only be described as a pillow swirly, his eyes barely open with obvious sleepers in the corners, shirt and pants wrinkled up as if he'd slept in them and his jacket dangling over his messenger bag haphazardly. His left shoe wasn't tied, it was obvious he didn't have socks on, his tie was barely hanging on around his neck and his shuffling footsteps propelled him toward his seat in an absentminded daze.

"Todoroki?" Aizawa's question tugged at the teen's attention after he slumped down in his seat, "Are you alright?"

"Yes, sir," he groggily answered, "Sorry, sir. I was at my family's house since last night and just woke up. It won't happen again, sir."