T W E N T Y - F O U R

A New Best Friend.

December 1st, 1974

"You should try this," Eva suggested to Mary, they were in Mary's dorm. "It will accent your skin tone." Mary grabbed Marlene's quidditch jumper and put it on. "I look like I belong on the team." Mary joked and Marlene just yanked the shirt out of her hands once she threw it off.

"This is my most prized possession, how dare you wear it." She joked, "What colour would fit me?" Lily asked, Eva, looked at her for a second. Her red hair and green eyes were beautiful and her freckles made her look pretty.

"Green." Lily looked at her questioningly. "Or red, but green definitely. Makes your hair look great." Lily shrugged, "Maybe," Eva looked at her with a smile. "And you don't have to listen to what I say, I'm not an expert, not at all honestly."

There was a knock on the door and the boys walked in. "How did you get up here?" Marlene asked, "What if we were naked!" Sirius smirked. "All the more reasons to come up."

Eva rolled her eyes at him and sat back down on Mary's bed. "Oh, my lily flower don't you look dazzling," Potter announced when he walked inside last. Lily looked at him with a raised brow. "I'm wearing my pj's" 

He just smiled at her and she rolled her eyes, "He is unbelievable." She muttered. Eva giggled, "I'm so excited for our last Hogsmead trip of the year." Timothy said excitedly. 

"Me too," Sirius said and took a seat next to Eva. "Wanna go together?" He whispered in her ear, "I'm not sure if I can even go, remember." Sirius' shoulder slumped.

Eva was caught after hours, she was heading to her common room after another prank to the Slytherins, who had snitched on her. She was with Peter and they both have detention with Filch sometime next week, both not knowing when or where.

"Filch is being all secretive about our detention." Peter said, "It's probably writing lines." James said. "Yeah, or polishing the old trophies and such," Eva commented. Everyone tried to ignore the fact they agreed on something, even if it was such a small thing as this.

"Well, if you can go to Hogsmead, want to go together?" Sirius asked again. "I'm sorry lads, but Eva already has a date," Mary announced. Eva looked at her, "I do?" Mary sighed with a smile, "Of course you do! It's me." A smile broke out on Eva's face.

"Oh yeah." She said and looked at Sirius. "I'm sorry, but I've got plans." Sirius gawked at the two girls. "Thank me later," Mary said and Eva didn't understand what she meant.

"Maybe next time." She said to Sirius, "Next time." He muttered. "I see you're wearing it," Eva said while touching the little Gryffindor pin. "I had put it on the moment I was back in the dorms." She smiled at him.