T W E N T Y - T W O

Halloween.

"It's a box full of loud sounds and moving pictures, and they make it with colours too." Professor Burgbage told the classroom. "It can be addicting for some people, while others want nothing to do with it." 

Eva was sitting in the Muggle Studies class, attentively listening to what Burbage was saying, she liked muggle studies and was good at it too. "Eva," Timothy whispered in her ear, they were seated next to each other.

"Yes?" She asked a bit annoyed, "Are you going to the party tonight?" Eva looked at him, "Another party?" She asked him with a raised brow. "Well it's just the group, and you can ask the girls." Eva shrugged at him. "Dunno."

"Okay class, I want an essay about why the telly can be addicting or why people don't trust it. Class dismissed." Eva picked up her stuff and walked out of the classroom. "So are you coming tonight?" Sirius asked while he hung his arm over her shoulder, and Eva tried to ignore the glares the other girls were giving her.

Sirius has been doing that a lot lately. 

Eva shrugged. "I don't know, me and Potter don't do well in close proximity." Sirius chuckled, "You can ask the girls if they want to come." Eva shrugged again, "Hey." He said while stopping her from walking, the others gave them a questioning look and James glared at Eva. Jealous twat.

"If it has anything to do with your father." Eva tensed slightly. "What has he been saying?" Sirius asked while holding her shoulders.

"I- I try to ignore them, but he's giving hints about something this Christmas, and another ball, and I–" Eva's breathing became uneven and tears started to form again. "I just don't want to get hurt again."

Sirius hugged her, stroking her hair and kissing her on top of her head. "Promise me." She said, He looked down at her, her arms still around him and his still around her. "Promise me you won't leave me." Eva said Sirius hugged her tight again, "Never." 

They walked into the great hall, Eva was still a bit tense but was acting like nothing ever happened. "Where were you?" Mary asked with a smirk, once Eva sat down next to her and Tim. "Yea what did you guys do?" Tim asked her. 

"Nothing," Eva said.

While on the other side of the table, James was interrogating Sirius while Remus and Peter tried not to laugh.

"What are you playing at mate?" James asked once Sirius sat down. "I don't know what you mean?" Sirius asked with a smirk. "With Malfoy? Out of everyone?!" James said again.  "Calm down we are friends." "I'm your friend!" James protests, "No, you are my best friend." James sighed, "After Moony and Pete of course." "Oi!?" 

The "fun" conversations were short-lived, an owl with a red envelope flew in, and Eva recognized the owl. "Oh no." Whispers were heard through the great hall and the boys, even James, looked scared.