T W E N T Y

Swimming.

"It bloody hot out here," Sirius complained, the 6 of them were sitting in the courtyard. Sirius was aggressively fanning himself. "You'll only make it worse if you keep moving like that," Eva said matter of factly. James rolled his eyes.

Everyone was in shorts and T-shirts, well except for Remus and Eva, both for the same reasons.

"We should go swimming." "The water would be freezing," Remus commented. "I don't care, it's better than this heat," James whined. 

Eva looked rather uncomfortable, she wanted to go swimming but was scared the boys would judge her for her bruises and scars, or worse look at her with pity. "Sounds like a great idea, when?" Timothy chipped in.

He was in just his shorts now, "What time are everyone's classes finished?" Peter asked, "I'm done." Eva said, "We only have divination left." Remus said to Peter. "We could go after divination? Do we meet you there, Eva?" Sirius asked.

Eva smiled at him awkwardly, she didn't want to go but she couldn't say no either, "S-sure." She mumbled. "Brilliant!" Tim said. 

- - -

Once the boys left for Divination, Eva's mind started to wander. 

Would they judge her that hard? What is her father going to say? Well, that doesn't matter either.

She walked inside her dorm when she saw another owl from her father. He has been harassing Eva ever since the first letter, she was found almost every night in Sprout's office. 

Her father was furious, obviously, but Eva, for once, felt alive. She didn't care what her father had to say, so when she grabbed the letter she threw it in her trunk.

*thud* 

Something in her trunk moved, she looked inside and saw the package Regulus had given her last year. Her mother's necklace.

She grabbed and opened the package, a beautiful silver necklace was laying inside, it had a little heart as a charm. Eva grabbed it and opened the heart, a picture of her, her mum, dad, and brother were inside, all smiling at the camera. 

Eva wasn't even over the age of 5 when the picture was taken, back when life was simple. Eva clasped the necklace around her neck and took her bathing suit out of her trunk.

She wasn't planning on swimming, but it's the thought that counts. She grabbed the thinnest long sleeve shirt she had and put it on. 

The scars on her arms were barely visible, but if she would get a tan you could see the white outlines. Her legs were still a brownish yellow colour and hurt when she moved too fast, her torso was still purple. Her ribs still ached and she hated not being able to do stuff without the pain shooting through her ribs every time she would only move.