T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Birthday.

November 3rd, 1974.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU!" The Marauders' off-key voices were heard during breakfast in the morning. Eva groaned to herself, "Wait until dinner, it will be even worse." Marlene said with a laugh.

Last year, Eva was aware of their birthday shenanigans, but she was avoiding them back then. 

Once the song was over they all sat down as if nothing ever happened and Eva was glad. "What do you think?" Timothy said. Eva looked up at him, "From our singing wasn't it beautiful." He smiled, Eva rolled her eyes and gave him a little shove.

"Oh Black," Eva said and Sirius looked up at her with a smirk. "Yes, my lady?" He has been making a lot more of those remarks lately and Eva wasn't sure how to feel. 

"Here." She gave him a little package and he opened it eagerly. "Eva, it's beautiful." It was a little red Gryffindor pin. "For on your leather jacket." She said, "Thank you." He leaped over the table and gave her a tight hug.

Her bruises were gone and she wasn't sore anymore.

"Thank you so much," He muttered in her ear. "It's just a pin Sirius." She lets go of him and sat back down her face beet red.

"Get a room!" Mary muttered in her ear and she glared at her. "Shut up." She muttered. "Nawhh little Malfoy is all red." James teased. He had been less of an arse lately and Eva liked his old persona better.

"Potter don't be so mean." Lily scolded and James stopped immediately. "Anyway, when is the party?" Peter said to defuse the tension. "Tonight, kitchens." 

Eva groaned, "I'm not sure if I'm going." Tim looked at her confused. "Why not?" She sighed, "We had a "party" three days ago, and don't forget the after-party from quidditch." 

"Well, we were just planning on sitting in the kitchens with some cake." Timothy said, "And don't forget the music." Peter chipped in. "I'll think about it."

"Are we invited?" Marlene asked, Sirius thought about it. "No." Marlene's face fell, "What'd you mean no?" Sirius smirked at her. "This is a Marauders-only party." "Since when is Malfoy a marauder?" James raised his brow.