O N E

The Sorting

"Do you have all your stuff?" Lucius asked for the 100th time. Eva rolled her eyes, "Yes, now let's go before we're late." Lucius chuckled and apparated them both to the platform.

"Wanna sit with me or are you going to look for someone you already know?" Her brother asked her, "I'll look if I recognize people." The younger mumbled while boarding the train. After walking for a while through the corridors Eva saw the black mob of hair.

"Black!" Sirius looked up and saw her walking inside the compartment. There were three other boys in there. "Hello, Malfoy." He grumbled, "Be nice." She teased and saw Sirius grinning. "Who are you?" Someone asked rather rudely. "Evangeline Malfoy, friends call me Eva, you can call me Malfoy. Who are you?" She said with a smirk.

The boy scoffed, "James Potter." Evangeline scrunched her nose at the name. "Potter? Disgusting." She muttered. "Black, your mum is going to kill you when she finds out you sat with Potter, Pettigrew, and- who are you?" "Lupin" "And this Lupin kid."

Sirius rolled his eyes, "It's fine, don't you have a brother to bother?" Eva sighed, "No, but I'll leave, and don't say I didn't warn you." Eva stood up from her seat and went to look for an empty compartment.

The rest of the ride to Hogwarts was in silence, the boats were okay to go on (even though she did get a bit sick) "First years, follow me please!" A professor called out, "In just a moment we will be joining the other students for dinner, but first everyone has to be sorted into their houses. We have Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. The house the sorting hat assigned you with would be your house for the upcoming seven years." 

They all walked through the entrance of the Great Hall and Eva's eyes immediately found her brothers, he tried not to smile which made her smirk. "Sirius Black." The professor, which Eva soon found out was professor McGonagall, called out. The hat started muttering something and yelled, "Gryffindor." Gasps were hurt and the Slytherin table started to mutter to each other. 

"James Potter," McGonagall called out and Eva rolled her eyes, Potter strode to the little stool with full confidence and a big smile on his face when he sat down. It took the hat only a few seconds before it called out, "Gryffindor." 

A lot of other students had been sorted and it was soon Eva's turn, "Evangeline Malfoy." The professor said. She walked up to the front and sat down on the stool, the hat was placed on her head and soon began talking.