Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"How? Why? Huh?" I asked, "Why are you here? You said that you would never step foot back in here?"

"Luciana." Zermaine says, placing his hands on my shoulders, making myself flinch–from the last time he said goodbye, "Breathe."

"Right." I say, taking a deep breath, "So why are you here?"

"Do you really think I'd miss you becoming the Alpha?" Zermaine says, "And Lilith came to the pack, and pretty much beat me up and forced me to listen to her." He laughs.

"That's Auntie Lily for you." I say, laughing.

"Yes it is." He laughs, "Which is also the reason I talked with your father, and cleared things up."

"Wow." I mutter, as I hear a bell chime, "Crap, it's time."

"Knock em dead Luci." He says, ready to hug me but stops, before walking away.

"He still doesn't trust me." I mutter, looking at the ground.

"He does trust you, just give him some time honey." She says, as I laugh, "What?"

"It's been a while, you went to your natural hair color." I say.

"Oh god dang it Luciana," Miles laughs, "Now is not the time."

"Yeah." I laugh, as the bell chimes again, "Guess I should get going," I turn towards Levi, "Ready?"

"As ever." He says, as we link arms and walk away.

"They are perfect for each other." I hear Miles whisper.

"I couldn't agree more." Lily says, as I smirk.

"Thank you all for coming today!" Alensia says, speaking to the crowd of about three hundred or so wolves, "Today we announce the new Alpha of the Moonshine Pack." She pauses for emphasis as the wolves clap and cheer, "As well as the new Beta of the Moonshine Pack! With great honor, I call up Ember Faye Throndsen, the Future Beta of the Moonshine Pack!"

"WHOOO!" Everyone shouts as they clap. I give Ember a warm smile.

"Ember Faye Throndsen, Do you vow to do what's always right?"

"I do." Ember says.

"And do you vow to always help the future Alpha out if the Alpha has troubles?"

"I do."

"Do you vow, if something happens to the Future Alpha, you will rise up to the occasion and become temporary Alpha until further notice?"

"I do." Ember says.

"With the power invested in the council, I, Alensia Lucason, make Ember Faye Throndsen the new Beta of the Moonshine Pack." I watched her cut Ember's hand and let it fall into the bowl in between them, "Congratulations Beta Throndsen."

"Thank you." Ember says, as she bows and walks back over to me.

"Luciana Willow-Rose Davis-Throndsen." Alensia says, as I slowly walk up to her. I smile when I see Levi in the crowd holding up all my younger siblings with my father.

"Alensia?" I whisper.

"Hmmm?"

"Please call me Luciana Willow-Rose Phoenix from now on?"

"Of course." She nods, before clearing her throat.

"Luciana Willow-Rose Phoenix, Do you vow to do what's always right?"