Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Werewolves have always been the stuff of legends. That they are what you hear howling in the night. That they are those bright lights you see or think that are following you in the woods or in the night. They say you should be scared of werewolves. They say they will rip you apart, without a single thought. That these werewolves have no heart.

What people don't know is that these "werewolves" have loved ones. They have children that they care about a lot. These werewolves will protect their husbands or wives as well as their children--at any cost... no matter what. I should know, because I am one...

'Jordyn! Wait up!' I shout, as I chase after my best friend. Dang, for someone who is twelve she is fast.

'Come and get me!' She laughs, as she runs faster and into the woods.

'You can't go in there!' I shout, 'We are too young to be in there by ourselves.'

'Come on!' She shouts, as I see her disappear behind a tree.

'JORDYN!' I shout.

'OUCH!' I hear her scream. I race to find her, fallen over a log. I see her cut up all over and see her bleeding badly.

'Jordyn,' I say slowly, 'You need to run.'

'I can't, my foot is hurt.'

'YOU NEED TO RUN!' I scream, before everything goes dark.

'Ahh.' I sigh out, wiping blood from my mouth, 'Wait, where is Jordyn?' I look down and see my best friend's dead body, all dried up of blood,

'JORDYN!'

I see flashes of that day as I stare at my best friend's grave. I feel my hands shake, so I quickly put down a bouquet of Moon Roses on the front of it as I read the grave,

'Jordyn Kingsley Marks. Beloved daughter, Beloved friend.'

"I miss you Jordyn." I whisper, before staring at my shaking hand, and eyeing my ring. I should've worn this on that day, she would still be alive. I make a fist and let the tears fall.

"I knew I would find you here." I turn and see Ember through my hair that covers my face, "Mom needs you."

"Well mom can wait a goddamn minute." I mutter.

"Luciana, it's been two years."

"I don't care." I say, turning back to the tombstone.

"Look, mom needs you, she said you should know."

"Yeah, there are supposed to be about thirty Alphas with their Luna's and children. So like over sixty people. I'm supposed to speak out in front of them alongside dad, but they had to choose-"

"The day Jordyn died." Ember finishes, "Maybe I can talk? I mean I will become the next Beta of the pack, since Uncle Zermaine and Aunt Miles' kid isn't going to be of age for thirteen years."

"No Sparky, I'm the next Alpha. I have responsibilities."

"So do I."

"No! As the next Alpha as well as the next Queen, I need to be ready. So I have to head back to the castle and get ready."

"First you have to talk to mom." Ember says, as we start walking back to the castle, "Something wrong?"

"Honestly," I sigh out, "Levi hasn't been FaceTiming me at all these past couple months."