The boys walk down the race, heads drooped. They're all upset and I don't blame them.

Aaron comes and sits next to me and I look at him, as he looks at me then sighs.

"Don't even get me started." He says shaking his head as he looks down at the ground and I sigh, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey don't blame yourself. You did the best you could do. It ain't easy having three defenders handing off you."

"I know. But I know I could outwork them if I had another chance. I guess the delivery inside 50 wasn't the best."

"You're probably right, but you had some really good defenders on you, especially before Stewart went down. So don't beat yourself up, you did the best you can." I say and he nods then smiles.

"You always know how to cheer me up." He says pulling me into a hug and I smile

"Of course! What are best friends for?" I say and he smiles just as Baz plonks himself next to me.

"I got reported for head butting Tuohy." He says and I look at him.

"What? Why would you do that?"

"He said some shit to me that made me mad and I retaliated, we spoke after the game and I apologised."

"That's good that you apologised Baz... but you still got reported..."

"I know, I know." He sighs and i sigh as well.

"Well we gotta hope you don't get too bad of a sentence but you'll probably get a week, a two at most."

"Yeah." He says as he puts his head in his hands.

I know Baz regrets what he did, but it still doesn't make it right if he was to get off. I am disappointed in him because it is out of character, especially from him. He always tries to keep his emotions intact, but on this one occasion his emotions got the best of him. Sometimes that happens and there are consequences for it, now he just has to deal with the consequences.

"I should probably get going, it's getting late." I say getting up before saying goodnight to the boys, then walking to my car....

—————————————————
Not long later I park my car in the garage, turning the car off and walking into the house.

The lights are on, and the Tv is on, but very low. I slowly walk over to the couch where I see James peacefully asleep which makes me smile.

I quickly head upstairs to put my stuff away before heading downstairs and taking a seat next to James, who is still fast asleep.

I watch him as he sleeps and smile. I lean in and place a kiss on his cheek and his eyes shoot open. He looks at me before rubbing his eyes, then sitting up and pulling me to his chest which makes me giggle.

"I thought I was dreaming, but that kiss felt a little bit too real to be a dream." He says and I chuckle before placing a kiss to his lips and he smiles.

"You definitely weren't dreaming."

"So how was the game?"

"Shocking." I say and James gives me a sympathetic look.

"Aw that's not good."

"Definitely not." I sigh and James leans in placing a kiss on the side of my head before smiling.

"Don't be too upset about it." He says and I nod.

"I'll try not to be but I kinda dislike Geelong."

"Understandable." He says with a chuckle before sighing.

"How are you holding up, not getting picked to play again." I ask and he shrugs.

"I mean I am upset about it, but I no way near deserve a spot on that team, I'm not good enough." He sighs and I shake my head

"Do not say you're not good enough, you are. You made it to AFL level, it must mean you are good enough. You're just not in great form at the moment and that's okay. You'll get your spot back in no time! You just gotta keep pushing and if that means doing more sessions with Marcus, then do it, who cares what people say." I say and he smiles, then places a kiss on my lips.

"I love you so fucking much it's not even funny."

"I love you more." I say before letting out a yawn.

"You wanna go to bed?"

"Yes! I'm exhausted." I say and James chuckles, turning the Tv off then the lamp before picking me up and carrying me upstairs as I scream for him to put me down.

He then places me on our bed and kisses me, telling me how much he loves me. He knows how to make me feel better after a shit day/night in the office...

****
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the update!

I kind of forgot to update yesterday so here's an update today! 

I've been pretty busy not gonna lie, but since school holidays are coming up, I will try to update more regularly and try to get these chapters out!  

Remember to vote and comment

Next update out soon!!