Another tug pulled at my chest and I cursed Rhysand for interrupting me. The tug had been stronger that time, a sign of Rhysand's impatience.

    I sighed before I washed quickly and left the tub. I wrapped a warm towel around myself as I walked into the main room, grabbing a two-piece set of black clothes that looked exactly what I'd imagined Night Court clothes to look like.

    They were comfortable. Easy to move in. The sleeves were long, only exposing the palm of my hands. The neck was a higher V-line while the paints were situated high on my hips.

    When I'd found myself at least decently presentable—besides the scowl that I couldn't seem to get rid of.

    I walked down the echoing hallways, following the pull in my chest just as I'd done Under the Mountain. I came to a doorway, pausing between two moonstone pillars as I studied the High Lord sitting comfortably at a table littered with an assortment of breakfast foods. His back was towards me as he looked out at the land in front of him. From what I could see, the lines of his face looked contemplative.

    "You can't summon me like an animal whenever you need me," I said by way of greeting as I walked into the room fully.

    Slowly Rhysand looked over his shoulder as if he couldn't bear to look away. I could see his violent eyes shine in the light as they reflected the sun's rays. I rolled my eyes as those same eyes looked at me from head to toe. Twice. He frowned at whatever he found lacking. "I didn't want you to get lost."

    I hesitantly walked to the table, sidling up in a comfortable chair across from him as I eyed the steaming pot of tea in the middle of the table. I couldn't help but notice his night-black tunic was un-buttoned loosely at the neck. Revealing a hint of his tanned chest, I was surprised to see the beginnings of swirling tattoos like my own.

"Tea?" he asked, and I had to restrain myself from sounding as needy for it as I was when I nodded slowly.

    I added honey to the tea along with a little bit of milk. I stirred as I asked, "Why is it so warm here? It's the dead of winter and yet it feels like this place has heat in the walls."

    "Magic." He replied nonchalantly.

    "Thank you for stating the obvious," I sipped my tea, warmth spreading through my veins at the hot liquid. "But why?"

    "You heat a house in the winter—why shouldn't I heat this place as well? I'll admit I don't know why my predecessors built a palace fit for the Summer Court in the middle of a mountain range that's mildly warm at best, but who am I to question?"

    I looked at the food on the table. And yet I didn't feel hungry. My appetite had decreased over the months. And as I looked at the food I thought I might throw up. I still ate. Just... a lot less.

    I just sipped from my tea a few times, pretending like I didn't notice as the High Lord analyzed my every move as if I were a puzzle. When he finally spoke his voice was soft, "You've lost weight."

    Had I? I'd tried to refrain from looking in any mirrors in the Spring Court, I'd struggled to look at myself even before everything I'd done three months ago, and when I'd come back to Spring Court I'd shattered more than a few.

    Tamlin had me fitted for new clothes almost every week and replaced the old ones so I truly didn't know if my measurements had shrunk.

    "And?" I sipped my tea again, nearly done and dying for a refill. "You dig through my head as a hobby, you shouldn't be surprised."

    His gaze didn't lighten and yet his face lit with his signature sensuous smile. "Only occasionally will I do that. And I can't help it if you send things down the bond."