Chapter One

"What do you do with a broken heart, a broken and hurtful past? How do you move on?"

Hope Brown asks herself that question everytime but she doesn't seem to get the right answer.

"Come on, bitch."

She could still remember the hurtful scene, her broken words, her loud slience.

"Get your flirthy hands off me."

She could still remember how she protect her unprotected, how she helped her helplessness.

"I'm sorry, Hope,I didn't mean for all this to happen."

She remembered that voice, that voice, she trusted that voice, she had hope in that hopeless voice.

People say move on like it's easy, Hope Brown has tried moving on but memories seems to have the best of her.

Asking herself, "Why?" She could look at the mirror for a long time, asking herself "Why?" but she never gets answers because she always ask herself and not others because she was scared of being neglected and questioned.

"Why me? D."

A tear dropped down Hope's eyes as she looked outside the bus's window lost in her own thoughts,in her own world,in her own thinking,in her own painfully regretted fantasy.

Remembering all those hurtful past,it always gave her a headache, that doesn't seem to have a cure.

"Why is it not easy? God why?" Hope always felt betrayed, annoyed and helpless everytime she remembers the past but what can she do now?

Should she learn how to move on or continue leaving the the past?

"What can I do now?" Hope thought.

The second hand universal seems to be rolling perfectly:

In Paris, two young lovers are kissing under the candlelight.

In Africa, a gospel singer beats his wife to death.

In New York City,a police risked his life to save a victim.

In Russia and Ukraine, they've both succeeded in originating the Third World War.

While in New Zealand: Hope Brown is trapped in her own past.

Why was 'Why?' always seems to be her question? She couldn't still get an answer.

Remembering the annoying, hurtful past, Hope held her chest, feeling a tight pain as she tightly closed her eyes.

"Are you okay?" A young man said, slightly holding her shoulders.

Hope forced herself back to the present, back to the word, back to this dangerous world, she tried to leave but it was hard to leave when you have someone up to protect you.

"Why protect me from killing myself instead of helping when I needed you the most?"

Slowly and warily opening her eyes, she looked at the young man before her with a concerned look on his face.

"Yes, thanks." Hope forced a smile.

"Are you sure? Do you need to go the hospital?"

Hospital? Is that what she really wanted now? Hope just wanted a quiet place, where she could scream, shout,cry,yell out her unwanted pain,a place where she could visualize those people who made her life a mess being stabbed to death. She didn't need a hospital, she wanted an unknown place known by everyone.

"No, thanks." Hope forced a smile, when the bus stopped, she looked at the young man, "Thanks for your concern." She added before, leaving the bus.

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground.

"Do I go home to nothing or stay out for more?"

Hope Brown is a young girl,at age eighteen, still looking beautiful,her intelligent brown eyes, deep pink lip and heart shaped face.

Hope got home,a lonely home, after the incident, everyone seemed to distance themselves from her or she decided to distance herself from them.

Her worst time of the day was night; where her nightmares comes visiting, when the incident happens.

"I still get nightmares. In fact, I get them so often I should be used to them by now. I'm not. No one ever really gets used to nightmares,or do they?"

           ~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
Driving fast in a Bentley, at night on the lonely slient road.

Ethan had an expressionless look on his face,as he handled the steering wheels perfectly, as he sped as fast as he could.

But no matter how fast he speeds, he always seems to avoid accident, which annoyed him.

He tried his best to die every night but it was always useless.

He wanted to die but he's still scared of death.

"Death seems to be the scariest thing but I wasn't scared to die, infact death is my middle name!"

They say-Past doesn't define you, that's a fat lie, it defined me, it defined everything in me and it hurts.

"You made a mistake, Ethan."

Ethan could still remember that lovely voice, that voice, that meant his everything.

"I'm losting your love, Ethan."

Ethan knew, he was protecting what can't be protected, he knew he was loving the loveless, he knew he was taking a stupid mistake but- "What could I have done?"

"We made a mistake, Ethan!"

That voice still echoed in his head, "There is nothing like a mistake,we did what we thought was right,I did what I thought was the right thing to do to prove the love I have for you." Ethan thought as he speed his car, going faster than before.

If.. That was Ethan's word.

"If only I could have been there, If only I wasn't late, If only I didn't go that day, If..."

Ethan covered his mouth with one of his hand, as he cried heavily, driving too fast on the lonely road.

"I'm so sorry, I should have...." Even if Ethan kept apologizing in his head, he knew, he had made a horrible, useless mistake that can't be mended.

"I have already broke the unbroken, and I regret it and I'm sorry."